BCIT Jan 2013 Applicants - page 53
by Chhun3 102,552 Views | 561 Comments
Just wanted to get something started as I will be applying for this intake. Let's get this thread going. Fill me in on who you are and why you are applying bcit's nursing program. I was told that BCIT is the most recognized... Read More
- 0Dec 17, '12 by BulmaBriefsHey cat5,
Like I've mentioned, the website says that you need to submit the resume before the application deadline, however if you can CALL the nursing department and speak to them over the phone and explain to them why you did not submit your resume before the application deadline, they may accept it. I'm saying this because I know many people who have submitted resumes a few days after the application deadline with a valid excuse. When I had applied for the January 2013 nursing class, I submitted my resume 3 weeks late and they still accepted it. I even updated it and had sent it in July, which was 3 months late. I can assure you that they WILL accept your resume so please do not worry yourself too much. Just try to submit it ASAP. Like I said, Tomorrow morning I'm going down to BCIT myself to submit all of my documents and resume. They give you up to January 2013 to submit other forms of documents (i.e.: transcripts, etc), You can also submit any updated resumes (That's what they told me) as well.
Good luck and I hope this helps.
- 0Dec 17, '12 by smiley65The deadline is as stated unless it falls on weekend. In this case the 15 was Saturday so the deadline is Monday. No need to panic careubc - no idea..it depends when you start and also depends on a bunch of stuff. Starting in jan we had a week in march and then off may - aug...
- 1Dec 17, '12 by cat5I just handed it in and she said there has been some confusion but the resume is due the 15th. They are being slightly lenient because of this. When I called they also told me the 31st. So I guess it is up to everyone to decide -they should change the website
- 0Jan 6, '13 by careubcMy status says I'm still on the waitlist too. I wouldnt worry about still being on the waitlist since the Jan. semester technically hasn't started yet. I would think they would need another week to close that waitlist. As long as you told them at some point you wanted to be considered for the August intake.
- 0Jan 7, '13 by BulmaBriefsI'm still wait listed but if I were you I would message them saying that you'd still like to be on the waitlist but would also like to recompete for the August intake and to waiver your $60, that's what I did. I think it's past the deadline though for those who are wanting to do this? I'm not sure ....I'd call and ask maybe!
@mass: Yes, it's quite possible. I'm assuming this because our status says waitlisted and they would've sent us some sort of email to our mybcit, if they were done with the waitlist and were officially not offered a seat.