BCIT Jan 2013 Applicants - Page 31Register Today!
- Oct 28, '12 by careubcI know! I would imagine it will take them until the end to send us an answer. I'm thinking Monday the 5th or Tuesday the 6th. SO close.
- Oct 28, '12 by iheartpurpleThat is what I think too. What do you think about the idea that maybe they have people presorted and depending on references they get moved or left in a previously determined group and then they take an x number of groups. Or do you think they go from scratch? I want to imagine it isn't by lottery, also I can't imagine at the same time because I don't see why they would have us all go and get references and submit them if they were just going to choose from a hat! I think speculating is a normal way to deal with the whole process, at least I hope it is.
I had a troubling experience last week. A mature nursing student was talking to me about the BCIT program and she was rather aggressive to point out that in her opinion BCIT does a lottery. I got upset that she had for one, such strong negative feelings to the program I have high hopes for and two, that I had met her that day, within that hour in fact and she was already being very "in my face." I was a bit scared that this student is going to be taking her RN exam within 5 months and she gave me a horrible feeling. I don't want to say her school cause I am raising a point about which school is better. I am raising a point about someone who is going to be a nurse and she gave off such an aggressive demeanor. Also, she made me feel like I needed to stand up for BCIT in the way she down-talked the program. I don't think anyone should down-talk another program. Each is good enough to be allowed to produce RN's! It was just so unsettling. I was friendly toward her as I am with anyone new I meet.
- Oct 28, '12 by vana_I got my references in on tuesday so I hope they will let us know soon!!! I hate being soo anxious!
As far as the lottery system goes I'd like to think that it's not a lottery system. With asking for references they clearly want to make sure that those they shortlisted not only are capable of becoming future RNs but they need to get support from employers or volunteer coordinators that believe the shortlisted candidates will make not only great RNs but amazing ones. At the same time I feel that for those that are shortlisted and don't make it, they will the next time around.
- Oct 29, '12 by carelesswhisperIs there a BCIT facebook group yet for this Class - Jan 2013?
- Oct 29, '12 by smiley65It's definately not a lottery. It would happen alot faster if it was. Her attitude could be attributed to the fact that she didn't get in to Bcit? People should avoid speaking about programs that they didn't actually attend, so try not worry. Everyone that is in the program/grad says only great stuff about it. In every job there will be people who try to put you down, keep your chin up and be confident that YOU will never be that nurseLast edit by smiley65 on Oct 29, '12
- Oct 29, '12 by iheartpurpleQuote from smiley65That is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you so much, you don't even know.In every job there will be people who try to put you down, keep your chin up and be confident that YOU will never be that nurse
four to nine days everyone!!
- Oct 29, '12 by blondie85I was just wondering if there was anyway to confirm that they have received our reference letters? I haven't received an email or update in my account.
- Oct 29, '12 by Nursinghopeful1234I was wondering the same thing! I've been soo anxious lately about this whole process, I just wanna know! I wanted to ask does anyone know someone who got accepted their first attempt? It looks like many people have had to apply a few times. This is my first time applying to bcit I was short listed but I guess I'm just anxious and nervous!
- Oct 29, '12 by careubcblondie85 - I would doubt they will be doing that because it seems like more work on an already extremely heavy workload. I thought about that as well but I trust that it will be sent to the right place from the admissions office.
iheartpurple - I also imagine they have the files in some order of preference right now and that the references are just to help make some final touches - maybe take some files out of the running if they have poor references etc. We shall see...
- Oct 29, '12 by careubcWhat did you apply with Nursinghopeful1234?
I think the people who were accepted on their first try likely had more of a developed application - A degree, lots of volunteer work, life experience etc. I would imagine those that had to apply a few times first applied when they had fewer than 60 credits and not much experience. That's my guess anyway.