BCIT Jan 2013 Applicants - Page 30Register Today!
- Oct 22, '12 by vana_Hey Everyone!!!
I'm back and this time I got shortlisted after receiving a "Non Offer" for the August intake.
As for the reference forms, if everyone has printed them off and gotten their referees to do them, you can submit one of each employment/volunteer or 2 employment AND the referees can attach a letter or write on the back any additional comments in regards to you. ALSO, it says you can use 2 referees from the same company.
Good luck to every one!!!! I really hope to get in this time!!!!
- Hi everyone!
I have another problem...
I got my reference from the hospital I volunteered at for several years, but the volunteer coordinator gave me two 3's (Attendance and communication because I took days off to study for exams & to go to my cousin's funeral....) and the rest 4's...I can also get a volunteer reference from a pharmacy and my work reference from this accounting firm I work for.
What do you think I should do? Should I use the pharmacy over the hospital reference? Or just submit the hospital reference along with my work?
Please help!!!!!! I'm so stressed .
- And I used to work at Lenscrafters as a sales representative, but the manager up and quit so I can't get a reference from there either! I'm really struggling with my references at the moment...wish we had a little more time!
- Oct 23, '12 by smiley65Simburger
first of all breathe.....
now, you need to decide what you think is most important- a reference relevent to nursing that is not perfect, or a "maybe perfect" reference from something not involving direct pt. care. This is a decision only you can make, and no one can determine how the Nursing dept will interpret them. The references supplement everything else on your file so far. good luck!
- Thank you ....I really needed to vent haha.
- Oct 24, '12 by apple23Hi smiley65. I have a question that I was wondering you could help me with. I'm trying to work out a possible weekly schedule so I can plan out childcare, work etc. I was wondering your daily hours relating to school were in level 1 and 2. That is, what were your in class/clinical hour each day of the week. for example, monday - how many hours of classes/clinical. tuesday -classes/clinical. also, on an average week how many assignments, lab preps, essays would you have? this would be very much appreciated. i am just trying to get the best sense possible of what my weeks may look like. thank you in advance!!
- Oct 24, '12 by smiley65hi apple23- see page 3 for details.
- Oct 25, '12 by iheartpurpleI was just par-oozing the earlier pages of this thread and came upon a comment on how approximately 10 people had dropped out of the program in Level 1 for January 2012 intake. This grabbed my attention real quick. Almost 10% dropping out! I can imagine some might be attributed to life-circumstances, but what about the others. I'm pondering out-loud about why and how. It must be really difficult to drop out of something so difficult obtain in the first place. I wonder if this figure is consistent.
I'm rooting for everyone who is accepted to make it and succeed!!
- Oct 25, '12 by smiley65nope, not 10 percent dropped out. At least 1 didn't pass, a cpl others decided it wasn't for them. The attrition rate for BCIT nursing is one of the lowest out there. I think more like 7 all together?? (sorry if I freaked you out with the big 1-0) anyways the number is not that high. People learn very fast if nursing is right for them when they are in the hospital by week 2, so that choice may not have been that difficult for them....there are many factors that could attribute to someone deciding on a different path doesn't have to be negative.
- Oct 28, '12 by iheartpurpleOooh. I see it from a different light now. I don't feel as scared now
I've handed in my references!! It took 20 seconds from when I sat down to the help desk to when I got up to go!! I can't beleive it is almost here! I have this little hope that we could hear before the 6th.. it is supposed to be at the latest Nov 6 right?
If my logic is correct then in five to ten days we will all have answers!!!
*fingers and toes crossed*