BCIT Jan 2013 Applicants - Page 23Register Today!
- Thanks, Jasn. I know the nursing department may be getting tons of emails (which may be annoying, stressful and time consuming for them) and it's definitely not easy replying back to so many emails and questions to answer and etc. I bet they're just as frustrated as we are, lol. I've definitely learnt how to be more patient after all this wait, that's for sure. BCIT is such a reputable school and has the best nursing program so I'm sure all the wait will be worth it in the end.
Good luck to everyone!
- October 31st.... But don't they require shortlisted applicants to submit a letter of intent? How can they review all those letters and accurately read through at least more than 96 letters in a week? Aren't we supposed to KNOW if we are in the program or not by Nov 5th? I am a tad confused.... Maybe they are going to select 80 or so people they want for sure and then get the rest to do letters?
*I submitted a cover letter that I reread today and it sounds a lot like a letter of intent. I didn't realize it when I submitted it.. I wonder if anyone else did the same too? Has anyone ever been accepted without the extra step of submitting the intent letter? (but who was not deferring the acceptance?)
My mom is breathing down my back asking whether I have gotten a reply and I have to telling her "another week...oh another week.. oh and again another week.. now november.." I feel so bad for her, I think she might be freaking out more than me :/ if that is possible
- Oct 16, '12 by dog_printsHi everyone,
I just got an email (like 10 min ago) saying that I've been shortlisted. So I guess this means we won't have to wait until early Nov to find out whether we've been shortlisted afterall.
- OMG YOU GUYS I GOT SHORTLISTED JUST NOW!!! I'm shaking I can't believe it! Check your emails! And good luck to all!<3
- OH MY GOSH!! I have just been shortlisted as well!!! I am going to throw up! OH WOW I cannot believe it!!
Good luck to everyone else!! I'm sure there will be a lot of people hearing soon now!
- Oct 16, '12 by dog_prints@iheartpurple:
It says that shortlisted applicants are to submit their reference forms by Oct 31st and that all applicants will be notified of their status by Nov 6. I read the documents over a couple of times in case I missed it, but they didn't mention anything about a letter of intent.
- dog_prints! Yeah, I don't see anything about a letter of intent either. Maybe they changed it? I'll give them a call tomorrow morning!
I still can't believe it...
- I will read over everything in the email when i am out of class to see if I can find anything..
i wonder how many people get shortlisted
- There were 500 people for this intake and 200 people got shortlisted!
- Oct 16, '12 by smiley65oh my gosh
first off congrats to you guys!!! finished step one I am very excited for you! Dont worry about the document timeline, some of you may find out later and will have different deadlines...remember? batches...
second off- If the head of the nursing department tells you that you will find out by today, why the heck would you call someone else and and question that? The admin officer probably meant that everyone will have a final answer by the first week of November.
Third-To those of you bashing the system: you aren't even technically a part of the program yet so insulting the people in charge of letting you in the door and losing your patience on a public forum, while also insulting the institution you wish to attend, is probably not the best choice. Just a thought. They are treating you with the utmost respect in fact, and if you are going to lose your mind every time you need to adjust to a schedule change, Nursing might not be your best choice.
Yes its hard to wait. Yes its frustrating not having exact dates to go on. Yes, you will have to figure some stuff out in a short period of time (I am pretty certain you will all manage just fine if you get accepted). But do you really think they are making you wait because they want you to suffer? or because they have other things going on? No. They are working HARD, trying to pick the best of the best for this program.
@iheartpurple- I totally almost lost my cookies too when I was shortlisted! I am happy for you. Enjoy the spend a day, be a sponge.
as for the letters of intent, (if they are required), they are able to get through them because that is all they do for a week!! they work very hard, as I have mentioned.
congrats to those who have been shortlisted and good luck to those still waiting!