BCIT Jan 2013 Applicants - Page 15Register Today!
- Aug 25, '12 by smiley65I would think so, but I can't say...if I was you, and I was worried about it, I would call Bcit admissions (different from the nursing department), to see what is still missing..
- Aug 25, '12 by Chhun3Thank you for your input, very much appreciated
- Aug 25, '12 by smiley65No problem. Good luck!
- Aug 27, '12 by dog_printsSmiley:
I just checked my application status and it says I'm missing requirements. They didn't accept my proposal of having 2 courses that I've taken at SFU in lieu of the bio 12 requirement (this was what a program advisor suggested) because my bio 12 just passed the 5 year recency It says I have to take the challenge exam.
I haven't called admissions to check yet, but does that mean I will no longer be considered for Jan as technically I don't have all the requirements? cuz clearly I'm not able to complete that challenge exam by the Aug 31 deadline. I feel hopeless.
- Aug 27, '12 by smiley65Oh man! You must be sO frusterated! I am not sure what it means in terms of being considered, but I imagine if you don't meet the requirements, you can't move on. I know you can register to write to the challenge exam anytime, you just have to complete it within a week of registering...still I would call admissions ASAP to find out what they suggest you do. That would be so disappointing if you had to wait until August, although if it turns out you HAVE to wait, you could complete some of the self scheduled courses over this term to strengthen your app even further. I don't usually reccommended this because I know how busy they are, but I would email/call the nursing dept. to see if they can somehow hold your app until the grade is in for the exam, and I would definately see about registering for the exam.Good luck, let me know what happens
- Hi dog_prints!
I just redid Biology 12 and I did it completely online with NIDES (North Island Distance Education School). I know you don't have a lot of time, but I did the course in a few days (having had the same thing happen to me, I had taken Bio in University but it wasn't transferrable...but trust me the material is pretty simple in comparison!). Maybe if you registered today you could have it done! But it's like smiley said, if you have to wait until August you could always strengthen your application Good luck!
- Hi Smiley
I have a question for you...Math isn't my strongest point and I had to study really hard just to get a B on the Math equivalency exam. Are the courses in the Nursing program really math intensive? Thanks and thanks for being so helpful!!
- Aug 27, '12 by smiley65Hey no problem, I love to help. The program (so far) is not at all math intensive. You need to learn how to do dosage calculations and use simple math skills. It might get a little harder when I get to IV dosing, but so far it has been basic. If you want a better idea of what is expected, pick up the book "math for nurses"-by Mary Jo Boyer.
- Thanks!! That makes me feel better...simple math I can do haha!
- Aug 28, '12 by dog_printsSmiley:
Student enrollment and services told me that the deadline is extended to Sept 14 for those who need to take the challenge exam. I am not 100% sure if he means I have up until Sept 14 to do the exam (because that is the last date you can do the exam) or my application may still be considered for the Jan intake if I take the exam before Sept 14, so I emailed the challenge exam's program assistant to verify. I will update you on what she says.
So did you recently take the exam? Was it difficult? I feel anxious that they don't really give the details about what's on the exam other than the brief overview of what the bio 12 curriculum normally covers. I am in the process of trying to get study material. I briefly looked NIDES, but I'm not sure how to navigate the website to find info on the bio 12 course...