BCIT Jan 2013 Applicants - page 14
Just wanted to get something started as I will be applying for this intake. Let's get this thread going. Fill me in on who you are and why you are applying bcit's nursing program. I was told that BCIT is the most recognized... Read More
- 1Aug 17, '12 by smiley65That's sweet iheartpurple, a girl can never have too many cupcakes. I am sure that if you handed everything in, it's probably just taking a little time for everything to be entered. Admin is very busy prepping for the new term which starts Monday. Don't worry. If you still have not received an email stating that you app is complete and ready for review by September, maybe send an email to the Nursing department just to confirm.- *I saw that you submitted all documents as of Aug 7, correct? You need to allow BCIT 2-8 weeks from that date to review everything and decide if you meet all of the Nursing department requirements.
"Within 2 to 3 weeks of applying to a program, you will be sent a letter in the mail confirming receipt of your application. The letter will identify your student number, BCIT e-mail address and instructions on how to login to your myBCIT account. You can expect to receive communication concerning the status of your application within 2 to 8 weeks" (BCIT, 2012).Last edit by smiley65 on Aug 17, '12
- 0Aug 22, '12 by smiley65Yes..I remember feeling a little like this-. Just know that they haven't forgotten about you guys at all, and will begin reviewing ASAP. Have you done the student for a day experience? That might be something fun to get you on campus seeing what level 1 will be like when you get in, and it will maybe take you away from your email for a day I know it sucks, it's such a long wait for Jan intake. Hang in there.
- 0Aug 23, '12 by iheartpurpleI looked up the student for a day, and I can't find an option for Nursing...
I GOT THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL!! yaay!! only thing, I didn't know they would take my university English over my high school and I have a B- not a B... I did not think for one second about that, I just thought it would be my high school english which I had an A.. I don't know what BCIT considers a B.. anyone know where I can find that? Cause my high school didn't use +'s and -'s... But it must be okay if they are looking at my application? I was under the impression that if you don't make those requirements then you don't even get reviewed between sept and oct...
Th email says reviewing between Sept 1st and Oct 31st... I'm excited that i'm enrolled in 5 courses... hopefully all the homework will make time fly!
Anyone else have any comments on the grades? like if you know anyone or something who didn't have all A's?
and we can email our admissions officer any questions? is that how that works? Like could I ask her this stuff? ^
- 0Aug 23, '12 by smiley65Hi Chhun3
I think that if you got the email stating that your application has been received and is under review (which I assume you must have if you know who your admissions officer is), that is the one that iheartpurple was still waiting on you wont hear anything further until October. The admissions officer may be on holidays, or potentially yes, extremely busy.....Also the 1000's of applicants was in regards to admission to BCIT in general, probably about 600 for your intake. If your app status reads "ready for review" or "pending dept review", no one will be able to offer any further info until after all applications have been reviewed....between Sept and Oct.
I have sent a request for more info on the spend a day program, and will keep you updated! 5 courses? Wow! which ones? That will be good practice for level 1 As far as the marks are considered, I don't think its a big deal....but I am just a student...BCIT doesn't even give letter grades for our courses. Everything is in percent, even our GPA is a number out of 100 as opposed to the point scale, so I am not sure what they consider a B etc....HOWEVER, if admissions put you through, that means you meet the minimum requirements, so I am guessing, you are in the clear. From here, selection is made based on so many different factors that, I don't think a B- will keep out of the program. I personally wouldn't recommend sending emails to the nursing dept, (including your admissions officer), unless it's totally necessary. They get SOOO many emails regarding application status, timelines etc, it would take a whole week just to reply to everyone....and that is not their whole job....They are responsible for organizing, and facilitating students IN the program, as well as the ones trying to GET IN....not a small task.
The kaplan voices books are by different authors as they are collections. The first one I read was "A Call to Nursing" by Sergi & Gorman. They are usually in the health/medical section at chapters, and sometimes they have 1 or 2. I have read "New Lives" "Meditations on Hope" and "final Moments" as well. I love them all.
Hope this helps
- 0Aug 24, '12 by Chhun3Smiley65
My account currently says "Reviewed; Missing Documents" I sent in the missing documents about a month ago and will send in my final transcripts next week before Aug 31st. Do you suggest that I send my Admin officer another email or is it lost cause since they seem to be occupied?
- 0Aug 24, '12 by smiley65If it says that you are missing documents then I would call admissions at 604-434-1610 to find out if they are still missing? If those documents have been reviewed etc. and when you could expect an update...just to be safe. However the missing documents might be your final transcript, since you haven't submitted that yet.....your application isn't considered complete until all documents are handed in. I wouldn't be able to tell you if it was lost, but I don't think that is too common.
- 0Aug 24, '12 by Chhun3The first time I went to the registration office was to hand in my Highschool transcript. Admin. had receieved it and processed my application which stated that I was missing a resume, post-secondary transcript, and bio 12 equivalent. At the end of July I went back to hand in my resume, post-secondary transcript that including bio 12 equivalency because I completed Anatomy and Physiology. Since the 2nd time I went, there has been no updates. If I call admin. would they be able to give me sufficient information regarding my application, I.E why I am missing requirements, have they looked at my resume, post-secondary transcript etc.? Or will they not bother looking and just say that they haven't gotten a chance to look at my other documentation because they are busy processing others.