BCIT August 2012 - Page 7Register Today!
- @ sandy28
I am still waiting too! It says pending department review as well! I almost want to say they are going through it by first names....which would leave me def near the end!
I'm curious if anyone knows of people that already got rejections....
Anyhoo we can wait in suspense together! I keep having dreams that I get rejected since its TAKING FOREVER!!!
- Apr 3, '12 by dmak26Short listed people have "pending department review" as well. Hope that saves you some time .
- oh good! but doesn't that mean it could be the same for rejected people too?
trying to stay optimistic but the wait is killing me!
dmak26- you hear anything from UBC yet?
- Apr 3, '12 by dmak26Hey vana_! Stay positive! Until you see 2 or 3 crazy people yelling "OMGZ I got shortlisted!!111", just believe you're still awesome and in the running.
Waiting is still hard though.
The longer I wait the more I second guess myself. The UBC thread has been pretty dead these past few days so i guess no one else has heard either..
- Haha awesome!
Here's to hoping those of us who are still waiting hear good news in the end =)
- Apr 3, '12 by sandy28@vana_
Hmmm my full first name starts with 'A'!!!
Quite frankly, I think that they have a ton of applicants to go through and there isn't much rythme or reason to the process (although I do have a few thoughts which I mention below)! It also seems so weird that some people already have their shortlist letters and others don't? How do they know that somebody at the bottom of the pile insn't better than than people that they have already shortlisted from the beginning of the pile (exept for the exception of those that were waitlisted from previous terms ect.)? Aren't we supposed to be competing against all the other 600 applicants? I don't expect anyone to answer these questions of course, I am just so frustrated and impatient!
Anyways, out of curiosity vana_, when did you apply and have all your documentation in? Just wondering if they are going through applicants of those who have most recently applied first, seeing as I think dmak26 mentioned (I could be wrong!) that she handed in a document a day late and has already received her shortlist letter, and I haven't received either a shortlist or a reject and I handed in my documentation very early! Ugh I am so tired of waiting and developing theories of why this is taking so long!
I think I am going to call BCIT this afternoon for a general update if I don't hear anything by the end of the business day.
Fingers crossed for all of us who are still waiting!
- Apr 3, '12 by chemis3Hey guys! Is there anyone else that had trouble opening the pdf files that were attached to the email they sent us? The email that contains the reference forms. I've emailed them about it but haven't gotten a reply. :S
- Hey sandy28,
I applied Oct 11, and handed everything in by Jan 8th.
So yeah that is a possible theory that we are at the bottom.
I know what you mean because they state that in theory; they shortlist those who have more than 60 credits of postsecondary, and those who have first year english, 2 psych or sociology courses and the high school academic requirements for sure.
I can't believe we have not heard anything!
It's my first time applying thats for sure, and I meet more than the minimum requirements-exceed it actually and I'm a canadian citizen and BC resident...so I don't know what the hold up is! GAH lol
I hope you get something concrete from BCIT when you call them
- Apr 3, '12 by LucybirdI hate to be the negative one to say this but I think that those who don't get shortlisted, don't hear anything from BCIT. And my feeling now is that they have notified all shortlisted applicants...especially because they are confirming accepted applicants by April 30. Thats fairly soon :s I might be wrong but it says on the website & once the application is recieved that "shortlisted applicants will be notified"...in other words, I dont think you get a rejection status unless you are shortlisted, then rejeccted...Can anyone clarify that? Anyone here applied before and heard nothing back?Gosh, this process is enough to drive anyone mad. ..
- Apr 3, '12 by sandy28@vana_
I don't know what to think...I have a BA in Psych, volunteering in a healthcare setting, a job in healthcare and am a Canadian citizen ect.
I am pretty sure that they send out rejections, as somebody mentioned in an earlier post that they have applied before and when they did not get in, they got a letter telling them so, and some information about how to be more competitive.