acceptance to accelerated programs in ON - Page 4Register Today!
- Mar 26, '12 by heartstringsI just called the admissions office at York and they said that acceptances won't be given out until May. Yay more waiting...
- Mar 27, '12 by liawthanks for letting us know! did they say why? I'm assuming they're waiting for final marks from winter term to come in?......
- Mar 27, '12 by boxxyrnQuote from jbethuneCongratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats? (GPA, volunteering etc)? I've also applied..but I'm terrified because I don't have a degree . My GPA in the last 5FCE's was 3.92, I've finished all of my pre-requisites with 80 and above, and I have quite extensive volunteering (was a Rape Crisis Counselor, and Activity Aide and feeder in a long term care centre, student mentor, big brothers big sisters, etc..). But, as you know, U of T prefers degree holders.. so I don't know if I should give myself a glimmer of hope haha. Any insight would be greatly appreciatedJust got my acceptance to U of T nursing via e-mail! It's conditional on receiving 60% in the two courses I'm still finishing up.
Good luck to all of those waiting oh and let me know if any of you will also be going to U of T in the fall!!
- Mar 28, '12 by jbethuneThanks ess_bee and boxxyrn!!
Boxxyrn, it sounds like you should have a good chance at being one of the few not-yet-finished students they accept!! I had a 4.0 in my last 5 credits, pre-req's between 80-90 (though two courses still being completed), volunteer experience in a sexual health clinic (4+ years), various AIDS-related volunteering.. and a bunch of cycling/university related stuff that is not as pertinent. Sounds like we're similar candidates - I hope they let you in! Keep us posted You too, ess_bee.
- Mar 28, '12 by boxxyrnThanks so much for the reply ! I hope they do too, and I will definitely keep you posted. Did you do your undergrad at U of T?
- Mar 28, '12 by hopefulnurse2012Just a quick question, what about students who had a low GPA from last year, but fairly good GPA this year, however sicne the session hasn't ended the marks aren't in yet. Will they (U of T) give us an admission as well? or no?
- Mar 29, '12 by jbethuneYup! Undergrad was at U of T.
And hopefulnurse2012, I don't know if U of T will give you an admission or not. I'd recommend checking this page: Past Applicant Profile - also I'm pretty sure they'll be considering your 5 most recently completed credits at the time you applied.
- Mar 31, '12 by kaypHey guys, I was just wondering what you guys have heard about the nursing program at UofT?
How time intensive it is? Is it hard to maintain a good GPA? Details about the program? etc. Thanks
Comments from current UofT nursing students would be especially helpful