acceptance to accelerated programs in ON - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 15, '12 by Rachel_NaomiThanks jbethune! I am super excited. I have until March 30 to accept UWO's offer, but if I hear from U of T before that then I'll definitely have a hard decision to make.
I originally thought U of T was more inclined to give out early acceptances, but now I don't know. I still have to finish this course though, but all they expect me to maintain is a 60%, which is kind of funny. Let me know where you end up going!
- Mar 21, '12 by heartstringsQuote from smkim24I haven't heard back from York either. The York open house is next week, so it would be reasonable for acceptances to be sent out before then, right? That's if they haven't already done so...Hey guys, I was looking through my old Nursing applications, and I posted the wrong dates of acceptances.
I received offers from York University in January, University of Toronto on March 18th, and Western on June 1st. Has anybody heard from York for early acceptances? I'm surprised I haven't heard back from them. I'm eagerly waiting for anything in March!
- Mar 21, '12 by smkim24Quote from heartstringsWhen exactly is the open house?I haven't heard back from York either. The York open house is next week, so it would be reasonable for acceptances to be sent out before then, right? That's if they haven't already done so...
- Mar 21, '12 by ess_beeI've applied to UofT, UWO, McMaster, Queen's, Trent (and UBC). No word from any Ontario schools yet, but I did get an invitation to interview at UBC today. I'm still working on prereqs, so I figure I'm a second-tier candidate and probably won't hear for a while.
- Mar 23, '12 by AcadianaQuote from smkim24York's Spring Open House is Saturday March 31, 2012 at the Keele campus.When exactly is the open house?
- I did my bachelors from University of Toronto and now with my last year almost coming to an end I am standing at a 3.2 gpa for my this year's pre req. Does anyone know when U of T gives out admissions, is it based on last year or this year's grades? Another question is are there different programs that I can apply to and raise up my GPA?
- Mar 24, '12 by ess_beeIn terms of UofT Nursing, they said at the info session I attended last November that they look at your GPA for the last five FCEs you did before your degree was conferred, not including summer courses. In other words, once you have an undergrad degree, you can't improve your GPA for the purposes of applying to Bloomberg.
However, I believe that if you're still completing your degree, they look at your most recent five FCEs.
- Thank you, and yes I am still completing my degree, however, I am confused if they will take into summer courses into account or just courses from last year and this year?
- Mar 24, '12 by ess_beeI think they only look at full-time course loads, which means they don't look at summer.