acceptance to accelerated programs in ON - page 11
by Rachel_Naomi 70,258 Views | 177 Comments
Hi! I was just wondering if anyone else was waiting around to find out whether or not they got into an accelerated nursing program in ON? Where did you apply and when do people generally hear back from admissions?... Read More
- 0May 1, '12 by laine3New to this site, just going to leave me details re:accelerated nursing program applications.
-Accepted: York & Lakehead (not ideal: 3 yr program)
-Denied: Queens (put on waiting list)
-(Impatiently) Waiting to hear from: U of T, Mac, Western, Trent
Holder of a 4-yr B.Sc. GPA: 3.4, all pre-reqs completed
NCAA student-athlete, over 800 volunteer hours, over 1000 hours clinical experience
I for some reason thought I'd hear from all schools by May, so I'm getting a little anxious!
Good luck to all!
- 0May 1, '12 by jemarieCongrats on everyone's acceptances! I got my acceptance from U of T a while ago too, it was the only school I applied to. I'm upset I didn't apply to Western since my significant other recently got a job in London and after emailing the Associate Director, there was no chance I could get squeezed in. But she saw my transcript and said I would have been "a very very good candidate". I'm kicking myself! In any case, see all you U of T students next year!
A little background:
- Finishing up Masters of Health Sciences (although does not count towards marks)
- Undergrad in Health Sciences, (nearly a 4.0 gpa in last 5 credits)
- 2 years OUA Varsity Lightweight Rowing
- Emergency Room volunteer experience (for 3 years)
- Volunteered as a Campus Emergency Responder
- Research and Teaching Assistant at my universityLast edit by jemarie on May 1, '12
- 0May 9, '12 by pbgrnDoes anyone know the final dates admissions are sent out to U of T, Western, and Humber? I have an acceptance to another school which expires on June 1st but I have preference for one of those three! Also, has anyone been declined from Western? I know U of T waits until June 30th to send out declines just to save themselves for numbers...I'm wondering if Western does the same? I know UBC does not because I was declined from there last month.