SEPTEMBER 2012 CPNRE ExamRegister Today!
- by pinaynurse24 Apr 28, '12to all nurses out there who are planning to take the September 2012 CPNRE, please post any concerns, issues and suggestions in this thread. I'm also planning to take the test on September, I'm an internationally educated nurse and I need to learn a lot about nursing in Canada. Any advice from previous exam takers would be very much appreciated.
- 21,005 Views
- Apr 29, '12 by pinaynurse24I've already done that, thanks. Other posts, especially the last January 2012 exam made me more anxious, though it also helped in a way that I could prepare more and now I know what to expect with the exam. Have you also taken the exam? I'm just curious if the test booklet itself contains the answer sheet or the answer sheet separated? And can I write anything in the test booklet? like underline important words, cross-out some of the multiple choices, because it's way much easier to answer and finish faster like that.
- Apr 29, '12 by Fiona59Quote from pinaynurse24Have you read the information package for the exam? The answers to you question were in mine.I've already done that, thanks. Other posts, especially the last January 2012 exam made me more anxious, though it also helped in a way that I could prepare more and now I know what to expect with the exam. Have you also taken the exam? I'm just curious if the test booklet itself contains the answer sheet or the answer sheet separated? And can I write anything in the test booklet? like underline important words, cross-out some of the multiple choices, because it's way much easier to answer and finish faster like that.
You have more to worry about than can you write in an exam book.
- Apr 29, '12 by pinaynurse24Yes, I have read the letter from the CNO for my eligibility to take the exam if that's what you mean, but there's nothing about the details and instructions on the exam itself.
I know I have to focus on other things but that's also an important thing for me, because I know that to pass a multiple-choice exam, you need both the knowledge and the test-taking strategies. That's what I learned and what helped me to pass the board exam on my home country.
- May 1, '12 by kheemooyDid you just came here? Well first you should know the scope of practice between RN and RPN. that's what where most IEN's get confused. I'm also from the Philippines.
I had to enrol in a review prep course which really helped me a lot but it's a bit pricey, but for me it's worth it.
Sources-wise I recommend the following:
Mosby's Canadian Comprehensive Review of Nurses by Dolores Saxton -- perfect book if you want to refresh your theories and it has a lot of CRNE/CPNRE type of questions. you can purchase this book online. I got it cheap from biblio.com or alibris.com
CPNRE Prep Guide -- this will give you an idea on how CPNRE questions are and how they are answered.
btw, I'm taking my exam this May 16th! haha. add me up on fb if you have more concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope it helped.
- Jun 28, '12 by missysgHi,
I have received a mail from CNO today saying that I am eligible to write the CPNRE exam with a deadline of 90 days before the examination date and also mentioned that applications will not be accepted after the deadlines outlined in the fact sheet. Unfortunately, the date of exam is September 12th 2012 and the deadline for payment is July 3rd. No other dates are mentioned. I have only two days - today and tomorrow if i exclude the weekend and public holiday (July 2nd) to mail the application form and the payment. In the CNO website, they recommends to allow atleast 5 days for the mailed payment to reach them by the due date. But unfortunately, i have only 2 days. It is confusing because there is a deadline of 90 days mentioned in the mail to send the application form before the exam date.
Does that mean that the deadline is calculated from the date of the mail sent to me? Can I send the application form requesting for next exam date once it is announced? (it would be probably in Janaury 2013 i guess and the date is not announced by CNO yet) and anyone knows when would they announce the next exam date?
Please suggest me..
- Jun 28, '12 by kheemooywhere do you live? you can go directly to CNO to pass your application and pay there. and yes if you want the January exam you can do so, but there's no rush if you're taking the January exam since you have 90days to respond. But if you wanna go for September, go to CNO in Toronto and hand them your application.
- Jun 28, '12 by janfrnYou don't have "90 days to respond".The 90 days refers to the deadline for applications to write. All applications to write a given exam have to be received by the College at least 90 days prior to the exam date.