CRNE OCTOBER 2012 - page 6
by kheemooy 70,688 Views | 267 Comments
Hi everyone! I am an IEN from the Philippines batch 2009 I moved here in Brampton last November 2010. I took the May 2012 CPNRE (first time) and still waiting for the results which will come out on June. Apparently, I just... Read More
- 0Quote from innocent queenHi Kheemooy,
I live in Brampton and got two more girls who are interested in study group..we can meet in the Brampton library if u wish to join..pls. let me know.
Also could you please help me to find out which one is the best school for prep course. I registered myself with Toronto school Of Health but heard not so good reviews about it..another one is Toronto school of nursing and Nurses Education Inc..any idea which one to join..pls. HELP
Sure I can study with you guys if you want. I live in Brampton as well. Are you guys IEN or Canadian educated? I'm from Philippines. I'm taking a prep course at Nurses Education Inc they have a branch in mississauga along hurontario in front of Highland Farms. I attended their CPNRE prep course and I passed. I'm taking their CRNE course this time, coz I really think their comprehensive/mock exams are really helpful in answering multiple choice questions for CRNE and the fact that's it's closer.. You just take one bus from Shoppers Terminal. We'll start on Aug. 1.
- 0Quote from missysgYesterday, I received a mail from CNO saying that I am eligible to write the CRNE exam. They have also indicated that the effective Jan 2013, requirements for registration will be changing. This means that I have only one chance (Oct 3rd, 2012) to write the CRNE before the new requirements become effective. I have only two months and 10 days approx to study.
1. Would it be enough for Exam preparation? Any suggestions?
2. Also, what does CNO mean by 'new requirements'? Do they mean that they would review my certificates once again according to the new requirements? If so, it would take another year. I waited for almost 17 months to get eligibility to write CRNE.
Congratulations! I waited that long too. But I read your posts so I'm pretty sure you've been preparing for the September CPNRE so I think you'll be okay, since the theories in RPN are the same with the RN. You just have to pay attention when it comes to delegation and the scope of practice of RN and RPN. However, I think the deadline for the CRNE applications was due since July 3. But try calling CNO if you can still apply for October CRNE maybe they can give you consideration.
- 0Jul 21, '12 by missysgQuote from kheemooyHey Thanks.. Actually, I planned to write CPRNE in Jan 2013. Currently I am eligible to write CRNE also. But since I received the mail from CNO regarding the 'change in registration requirements from Jan 2013 for RNs', I think it is better to take CRNE in Oct 2012. I have only 2 months to prepare.. :icon_rollCongratulations! I waited that long too. But I read your posts so I'm pretty sure you've been preparing for the September CPNRE so I think you'll be okay, since the theories in RPN are the same with the RN. You just have to pay attention when it comes to delegation and the scope of practice of RN and RPN. However, I think the deadline for the CRNE applications was due since July 3. But try calling CNO if you can still apply for October CRNE maybe they can give you consideration.
- 0Jul 21, '12 by missysgQuote from jvre888I think even if they change the requirements, you are still eligible... But I'm not sure with that.. You might as well call the CNO and inquire. And let us know. I'm taking the exam on october too and I'm an IEN from the philippines. In my case, I should register before march 2013 as my evidence of safe practice expires on that date. If I am not able to register on that date, I can still write my exam but I need to provide a new evidence of safe practice before I can register..
Thanks jvre888... I have to call CNO and check. I will let you know the outcome.