CRNE OCTOBER 2012 - page 11
by kheemooy | 71,351 Views | 267 Comments
Hi everyone! I am an IEN from the Philippines batch 2009 I moved here in Brampton last November 2010. I took the May 2012 CPNRE (first time) and still waiting for the results which will come out on June. Apparently, I just... Read More
- 0Aug 13, '12 by PanToronto@ joanna73.. as you mentioned about the nursing competences.. it is the one from cno...please provide me the link? I got a look at this link, but not sure it is the one that you recommend http://www.cno.org/Global/docs/reg/4...itic_final.pdf
- 0Aug 16, '12 by caringnursingHi I'm hearing a lot about do as many questions as possible but my question is other than cna prep, readiness online test, prep courses, lippincott mosby comprehensive and practice, where can I find more questions? I find that cna and mosby are not always consistent. Wouldn't keep practicing questions that are not recognized by cna be confusing to you?
- 1Aug 16, '12 by petethecanuckQuote from caringnursingGo to your fundamentals texts: Potter and Perry's, Koizer et al etc. Do every question at the end of each chapter spending particular attention to the health and wellness sections.Hi I'm hearing a lot about do as many questions as possible but my question is other than cna prep, readiness online test, prep courses, lippincott mosby comprehensive and practice, where can I find more questions? I find that cna and mosby are not always consistent. Wouldn't keep practicing questions that are not recognized by cna be confusing to you?
edit added: @ Pantoronto Please see this link for the CNA compentencies you should be using as a study outline. You WILL have at least one question covering each competency.
- 1Aug 16, '12 by joanna73 GuidePractising questions is only one component. You need to actually study and understand the content you've covered years 1-4. Aside from Potter and Perry, get a maternal/child textbook, AND read the Mosby's Guide to the CRNE. Mosby's contains additional questions. You need to cover all your bases.
- 0Aug 20, '12 by iamdiHello. I just want to ask if you CNO allowed you to take the CRNE using your Philippine Nursing Education? I want to talk to you personally because its really important. I was assessed by cno last april 2010. I was refuse to take crne because my education is not in ontario. I even passed our local boards and NCLEX. I have passed also my experience as nurse but still they don't allow me to take the boards. Can you give me your email so I can ask you a few questions. you can email me anytime at email@example.com>>>>>> pls email me. Im so depressed because they want me to study another 2 years in able for me to practice as a nurse. thanks so much.
Hi my name is Dianne. I am a nurse in the Philippines but they refuse my application as a nurse. Can I call so you can advise my base on what you have done in able to give a eligibility. Thanks. my number is *****. I really appreciate your help. Please email or call me. I'm so depress about the result of my assessment. my email is firstname.lastname@example.org I live in Scarborough Ontario.Last edit by NotReady4PrimeTime on Aug 20, '12 : Reason: enabled multiple quote reply
- 2Aug 20, '12 by NotReady4PrimeTime, RN Senior ModeratorWhat is most probable is that your Philippines nursing education is not equivalent to Canadian nursing education and the only way to fix that is to go back to school. There's no magic wand that can change your eligibility. And if CNO has refused you then all the other provinces will too because there's a single standard across the country.
- 0Sep 1, '12 by PudinaHi all,
Its seems all are very busy with the exam preparation because I did not find any recent posts here.
Anyways, guys do well and I am very tensed about my exams after reading all the old posts and moreover I am IEN.
Please tell me how you all are preparing for 3 oct exam. Now its only 1 month so how to study in these days.
Please do reply.....
- 1Sep 3, '12 by PiRNGoodluck to all of you!!! Always remember to keep in mind the competencies for RN. It will really really help you to answer the questions correctly since most of them are psychosocial types of questions. And also, TIME! TIME! TIME! 4hours is not enough for 200 questions, so you need to read it fast as you can but with analysis and critical thinking. I still remember when I wrote the Feb 2012 exam, I only have 5mins left before the time-off and I wasn't able to review it again all through-out. God is good i passed...
Just Pray! Dream! and Believe and you will PASS and survive!! Good luck future colleagues.