Before the Morning (Failed CRNE three times. what now?) - page 11
by yahy 106,786 Views | 246 Comments
I just received a bad news. My nursing career is over. Yes, I am no longer one of you, but I feel a need to share my story. I have failed the CRNE for the third time and honestly, I don't know what is there left for me. I know... Read More
- 1Mar 24, '11 by ecclessiaQuote from survivor007Hi survivor 007,Thanks for the encouraging and uplifting comment. I am very happy for you that you are not experiencing the difficulties I am facing at this moment. I know that you can never really grasp the intensity of pain that I am feeling because we are not in the same boat. May you prosper in your career.
I didnít find it a waste of time because I am pursuing a goal that I want to achieve. It is heart breaking but I never looked at my failure the same way you viewed my situation. When I took the exam, I didnít have any intentions of failing. I also didnít see it as a favor because I fulfilled and met the requirements needed to be granted another chance to write. I am thankful to those wise men and women making decisions that they are not narrow-minded and without prejudice.
As far as I know, I live in Canada, a great country where people have lots of opportunities so finding a job is the least of my worries. On the brighter side, ďI didnít fail the test; I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.Ē
I admire your courage and resilience at this difficult time in your life. Please know that your words have uplifted me and that I will, starting from now, include you in my prayers. Take care, God Bless you and hope to talk to you soon.
- 0Mar 24, '11 by ecclessiaQuote from survivor007Hi survivor007,ecclessia, I don't mind communicating with you. I am new to this site so I am not allowed to send personal/private messages yet. Do you have any idea on how I can give and/or get your e-mail address without posting it publicly? cheers!
please email me here: email@example.com. Thanks!
- 3Mar 26, '11 by MissMcCoyQuote from Ginger's MomTotally agreed!Survivor did they really do you a favor, you failed the fourth time! You wasted your time and money. If by a miracle you get to take the exam the fifth time, who would employ you ?
To the others, why did it come a surprise that on your third attempt you failed, you had a track record of failing 2 times. Personally I would have taken the refresher after failing the second time. Did the college make recommendations after you failed the second time.
Taking the NCLEX would be a waste of money in my opinion, if you don't have legal access to work. Why would someone hire you if you passed in a competitive market when you couldn't pass the standards in your home country?
The test is there for a reason, three times is an acceptable amount, you may not like this but nursing may not be for you.
More then acceptable even.
- 7Apr 6, '11 by joanna73 GuideMany of you may not agree, and I'm sorry....but 3 chances to write the CRNE is more than fair, regardless of your circumstances. You need to achieve roughly 65 to 66 percent on the exam, in order to guarantee a pass. That is reasonable. The Colleges have a responsibility to the public to ensure a standard. And, I would think that all the prep courses or study aides should be utilized well in advance of appealing to write for a third or fourth time. I know some of you are probably very disappointed, but treat this as a learning experience. Perhaps nursing just isn't your path.
- 0May 11, '11 by mkmitcheI am in the same boat. New to this. But I feel like no one is giving us much direction. If if I have to go back to school and take refresher course or what not why are the schools telling me I'm ineligible to enroll (makes sense why give out a 2nd degree in the same thing). There has to be a way and if anyone knows pls share with me. I'm writing the rpn may 18th. And when I pass @ least I'd be more patient in finding another alternative in re-writing the crne. And for those students who passed the exam and stating that the crne is a fair exam. Walk in my shoes for a day!