Help Help kid with liceRegister Today!
- by kdmcook Jul 15, '06Any suggestions on what to do with the rest of the girls in the bunk?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=168184©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,609 Views
- Jul 15, '06 by Finally2008Well, be sure to check each of their heads very carefully. Make sure no one uses any another child's brush, pillow, clothing, or towels. Lice can be funny sometimes--either no one else gets it or everyone gets it! I feel terrible for them all, though and for the leaders. It is pretty stressful! Good luck!
- Jul 15, '06 by Proud_Mama5:yeahthat: Lice don't jump from head to head, but you know little girls. Whisper secrets, play with each others hair. I remember when my daughter brought them home from school...a little girl kept going to school untreated and we dealt with them for a month. My head is itching right now just thinking about it.
- Jul 19, '06 by goats'r'ushave the girls wear head-scarves (identical ones, so no-one's is 'better')
- Jan 11, '07 by edgwowGive all the girls in the bunk a mayonaisse hair wash. Put the mayoniase on their hair, let it sit for 20 minutes, Wash them all. Have washcloth ready so it doesn't get in their eyes, then make sure everything washable in the bunk is washed in hot water, including all dirty and clean clothes, since some contaminated stuff may be in with the clean clothes, linens. Lots of work, but very effective.