Choosing a Camp - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 10 by Esme12Threads merged.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Apr 10
- Apr 10 by michellefrWow, this article covers everything! I would add that if possible I would want to be in contact with head staff before the summer to ensure that they are easy to deal with. The head lifeguard, in particular, is someone you want to have a good relationship with.
- Apr 11 by Liddle NoodnikNICE!
- May 27 by SnowShoeRNI just wanted to thank you so much for posting this! After being a nurse for 7 years with a burning desire to at least TRY working as a camp nurse I'm finally doing it! This article helped me prepare for 2 very successful interviews and I'll be starting my first camp job in a few weeks. I'm really nervous, but I'm also very excited. I'm entering the last year of my NP program in the fall, and I think that treating kids - after many many years of mainly treating adults with about 6 mo total experience pedi - will really make my clinicals a lot easier. Not to mention I've been a camper, counselor-in-training, and a counselor before nursing school.
I'm really excited.
- May 28 by CampNurse1I wish you the very best of luck. You might get hooked! Let us know how your adventure turns out.
- Jun 1 by cbrown12So is there a forum where you can go and find out from nurses that worked at camps before to see how they rate a camp. I am not in the position to check out a camp (live in Honduras). I can only visit the web sites and talk to the managers. I would love to know what other folks thought of the camps
- Jun 19 by NCmcManI think the whole idea is very interesting. From the time I was probably 6 or so all the way up till I was 16, I went to various summer camps. I went to Christian camp, 4H camp and a WHOLE lot of Boy Scout camp. I just recently decided that I wanted to become an RN because of the different types of jobs that are available. I've been in security for the last decade or so and just need a change to something more challenging. I start prereqs at community college in just a couple of months. I think it would be kind of cool to pick up an RN job at a summer camp. I always enjoyed those days very much. How do men fare in these types of jobs? Whenever I was at camp, I always remember the nurses happened to be females, so I guess I never thought of it much. Anyway, OP, very interesting article, and thanks for posting.
- Jun 27 by Fox_RuNWhich camps will let you bring pets? Dogs? I'm having a tough time doing some google searches on it
- Jun 28 by CloudySueWe're bringing my daughters' bunny rabbits this summer, but they do have an Animal Care program and an available hutch. I've seen dogs at camps. You just have to ask around!
- Jun 29 by Fox_RuNQuote from CloudySueWhich camps have you seen them at if you don't mind me asking? I will bring it up for any interview I have, but it's nice to know before hand what expectations are.We're bringing my daughters' bunny rabbits this summer, but they do have an Animal Care program and an available hutch. I've seen dogs at camps. You just have to ask around!