Camp nurse uniformRegister Today!
- by chrissypsychRN09 May 13, '12What do you wear to camp? I just got hired on and forgot to ask the director what I should be wearing. I assume it's probably khakis and a polo, but I have no idea. What do you guys wear to camp as nurses? Scrubs? Street clothes?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=709988©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,437 Views
- May 14, '12 by big al lpnShorts and a staff t shirt. Closed toe shoes. The only other requirement was a green bandana during olympics that designates us as non involved parties, and exempts us from the movement restrictions the other staff have.
- May 14, '12 by chrissypsychRN09Whew. That's a relief. I'm going to check with my camp director today but I can't imagine wearing pants all summer at camp, so your experience is valuable.
- May 14, '12 by bsyrnThe nurses at my camp pretty much wear whatever we want.... just no hoochie mama clothes
- May 14, '12 by chrissypsychRN09I just invested in some skorts and long khaki shorts. I was told that I can and should wear recognizable scrub tops too.
- May 14, '12 by CloudySueI was told I'd be issued a camp staff polo once I'm there. I'd rather wear scrubs to be more recognizable as a medical professional, but not a big deal.
- May 14, '12 by big al lpnYea we sugested last year that they find a way to make the nurses more identifiable, either a different color shirt. They get genaric STAFF and SECURITY shirts, I sugested that their may be a MEDIC vairent available. I doubt they will change it though, after the first week everyone knows who the nurses are, so its really not a huge issue. Really if i had to choose between that or a complete set of incident command system vests I would choose the vest, really its the thought of a mass casuality or full evacuation of camp that keeps me up at night.
- May 15, '12 by CampNurse1Quote from chrissypsychRN09I manage a staff of 3 nurses. I, too, believe that nurses should have their own identity. My first year here, I bought scrub tops for our nurses, had them embroidered with our logo, the nurse's name, and "Camp So-and-so Nursing" on the bottom line. We wear them during check-in. The rest of the time, shorts & T-shirts. We've had good feedback on this.What do you wear to camp? I just got hired on and forgot to ask the director what I should be wearing. I assume it's probably khakis and a polo, but I have no idea. What do you guys wear to camp as nurses? Scrubs? Street clothes?
Closed toe shoes and a good hat complete the outfit. Good luck!
- May 17, '12 by chrissypsychRN09I might seek out a couple of plain navy scrub tops and get them embroidered with my name, RN and Camp <insert here>. That's a good idea.
- Jul 29, '12 by SudsyI just finished my second summer as a camp nurse. I wear my lab coat over "normal clothes" on the first- and last days so that parents can identify me (and kids, on the first day). Otherwise, just regular clothes with a big ol' belt pack stuffed full of band-aids and any other first aid thing I might need immediate access to!