WGU pre licensure start datesRegister Today!
This is a discussion on WGU pre licensure start dates in California State Nursing Programs, part of California Nursing ... Hello I am thinking of starting WGU in August, I would like to know if anyone will be in my cohort?...by jxngirl Jun 18, '12Hello I am thinking of starting WGU in August, I would like to know if anyone will be in my cohort? If not, what is your start date? I am so excited to start! Has anyone taken the CLEP for College Algebra? Also if anyone is already attending WGU can you please tell me how it is, and are you taking out many loans? I would love some tips before diving in!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=743972©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,772 Views
- Jun 18, '12 by jxngirlSorry I will actually be an October 2012 hopeful for the Pasadena campus! I can't wait for an interview!
- Jun 26, '12 by futurenrse823I am applying for the September Cohort. I'm really excited and scheduled to take the TEAS soon. I've never taken it before. I didn't take the CLEP for College Algebra, it was apart of my degree program gen eds. I prefer the Sep cohort because of the clinical locations. August cohort will be in Greenfield and September's will be at Wishard. Wishard is much closer so I prefer there. Good luck to you, how far are you in the admissions process, have you already been accepted?
- Jun 26, '12 by jxngirlI have not been accepted yet, but I am almost done with submitting everything for my nursing packet. TEAS was a tricky test for me. I felt like it was easy when I was taking it, but when I got my score I only received a 73%. I will be retaking it to see if I can get a higher score. Study all you can!
- Jul 2, '12 by lyfhckrWGU will start a cohort in Wishard? that's great!Last edit by lyfhckr on Jul 2, '12
- Jul 12, '12 by futurenrse823Hey just checking in with you to see if you've taken the TEAS test again? I recently did and I received a PROFICIENT score 70%, it was hard...lol, stuff that I havent thought about or went over in years. Did your enrollment advisor tell you to retake your test or is this by choice? Just curious what TEAS results are considered competitive in Indiana. ttyl
- Jul 12, '12 by jxngirlI'm in California. I got a 72% and my advisor did advise me to retake it. I was so bummed about that test because it seemed so easy when I was taking it, and then I received my score and just thought what the heck happened lol. Good luck!
- Jul 12, '12 by futurenrse823Oh I definitely understand, I felt the same way. The program isn't so competitive here in Indiana due to lack of advertising and people not knowing about the program so hopefully my TEAS results will be acceptable. Good luck to you as well
- Jul 12, '12 by jxngirlThank you! I'm really hoping that I get in for the October cohort! I don't want to take that test again...
- Jul 13, '12 by futurenrse823I understand, Ill keep you in my prayers, I'm applying for one that begins in September, and have an appointment with my enrollment counselor on Monday, hopefully I'll get in there too!! Ill keep you updated