West Coast Univ- AnaheimRegister Today!
This is a discussion on West Coast Univ- Anaheim in California State Nursing Programs, part of California Nursing ... Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum but it seems like such a great way to communicate with others...by mellowyellow2 Oct 13, '09Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum but it seems like such a great way to communicate with others that also want to pursue nursing!
I looked through the WCU threads but I didn't find much about the school in Anaheim. I wanted to know from other current or past students on their experiences, their thoughts, what they're up to now, and basically, how was the experience?
I'm starting in feb 2010 so any info would be helpful!
Thanks in advance! :spin:
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=431219©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,015 Views
- Oct 14, '09 by TheCommuter
I moved your post to the California Nursing Program Discussion forum.
- Oct 14, '09 by mellowyellow2thanks so much! haha still adjusting
- Oct 20, '09 by rgaa44clising, what program are you doing? BSN or ADN? Did you already get everything set for your start date? I'm meeting with financial aid on Thursday and hoping to start the BSN in Anaheim in Feb. 2010 too.
- Oct 20, '09 by mellowyellow2i'm doing the BSN program. And I have gotten my stuff all ready. Right now i'm taking 4 classes at a community college so that I won't have to pay as much! I did meet w/ fin aid already and the costs are really piling up, but my parents are helping out since i'm only 19.
But i called a academic counselor today & they told me that my estimated grad date would be june 2012 so only about 2 1/2 years! definitely excited but nervous. how's everything going for you?!
- Dec 16, '09 by HighendRUN!!! Run away from West Coast University!!!! That place is soooooooooooo bad its not even funny. They tell you one thing then do another. The students who complain the most get whatever they want. They will happily fail you for ANYTHING they can, because that means MORE MONEY FOR THEM!!! Its a Business, not a school. They treat you as if you are a child, i see 30+ adults getting yelled at like they are in elementary, i've seen girls cry like CCCCCRRRRRAAAAZZZZYYYY.
So its basically like this, you start with like 60students, your pals, your family, the ones you think that will ride it out with you to the end..... Well turns out you gonnna lose about 75% of them due to hours, grades, skills, clinicals, financial reasons, and of course, the best reason of all, they dont think you are fit to move on and need to repeat!!!!!!!!!!! and basically each term youll add more people that join as they were dropped from previous mod ect. ect. ect. The entire time everyone is complaining about how bad the school is, the teachers, the test, the info, and our books. They say study this, then test you on that..... Basically they are gonna break you down and if you are not strong enough your gonna crack and not make it. Plus its Cha-CHING! Your gonna graduate and be paying $1,000.00 a month for the next 15 years.......... your gonna look back and say it wasnt worth it. I rather spend an extra 2 years of my life and go thru less stress and a hell of a lot less debt. The debt and stress of West Coast ages you 10+ years anyways..... So is it worth it?? I'll let you decide. But you know what, if someone told me this at the very beggining I would be like yea right dude, your crazy, they are so nice and the school is sweet, they wouldnt do that stuff, its just you probably........