USC New Grad Program 2011 - Page 9Register Today!
- Dec 10, '10 by conure girlYes, I got the email too. So this really means they are only interviewing 19 of us? Wouldn't it be lovely to see the breakdown of how many interviewees per unit? Last year, there were comments about how nice the interviewers were--hopefully ours will be too. Good luck to everyone.
- Dec 10, '10 by conure girlIn reply to my previous post, expanding the subject line in the email tells me that the 19 of us are interviewing for the cardiac ICU. If anyone knows how many slots there are, please let us know. I know there is a unit on 5W and 4 South...
- Dec 11, '10 by monkeysarecuteQuote from conure girlIn reply to my previous post, expanding the subject line in the email tells me that the 19 of us are interviewing for the cardiac ICU. If anyone knows how many slots there are, please let us know. I know there is a unit on 5W and 4 South...
It seems like that majority of people responding to this thread applied for the CTICU. Did any of you guy go to USC for your preceptorship/clinical? Or do you have experience in the CTICU?
As far as I know, they are taking 4-5. I could be wrong though.
Is it just me or are you guys worried that you'll be asked some content questions?
Good luck to everyone!
- Dec 11, '10 by conure girlI have not had any clinical experience at USC, nor any experience in a CVICU---just a short ICU rotation as part of my clinicals.
- Dec 11, '10 by QRN22No USC experience for me, but rotations through the CTICU at Childrens LA (which is different of course since that unit is PEDS patients solely.) CHLA is associated with USC (The doctors that work at Children's are USC doctors) so there is somewhat of a connection there. No adult CTICU however.
- Dec 11, '10 by CanewgradRNI'm also afraid that we'll be thrown clinical/situational questions! In the email it said they'll be asking basic behavioral questions though, but who knows! Aww only 4-5 people may be hired!?? I haven't have any experience at USC. I am from San Diego, but my senior preceptorship was in the SICU.
- Dec 11, '10 by monkeysarecuteQuote from sdnewgradnurseThis week of waiting for the interview is killing me! I'm so nervous! I want to get it over with already, but at the same time, I don't want that day to come. LOL I'm bad at interviews.I'm also afraid that we'll be thrown clinical/situational questions! In the email it said they'll be asking basic behavioral questions though, but who knows! Aww only 4-5 people may be hired!?? I haven't have any experience at USC. I am from San Diego, but my senior preceptorship was in the SICU.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid about being asked situational/clinical questions because the email did say it'll be just behavioral questions. And from what I heard from the March 2010 cohort, it really was just standard interview questions and the interviewers were nice.
Good luck to us. Please share any tips or information you may have.
- Dec 13, '10 by pinky2010Quote from sasagrrrl@VanessaRN @conure girl @QRN22 @pinky2010 - congrats all on your interviews! that is fantastic news --and all the best on your interviews so will you just be interviewing with the nurse manager or both nurse recruiter/manager?
BTW, did any you happen to apply for the neurosciences ICU? (or anyone reading this for that matter)- just getting really anxious!!! blahhh.
i got my email Dec 8, which was suppose to be the day of the interview but it got rescheduled to this Wednesday. looks like all of you are interviewing for CTICU. in the email i received, the interviewees are allotted 30 minutes where we will be asked behavioral questions from 2-4 members (nurse manager, nurse director, unit education, and program director).
i applied for SICU and according to the email, it looks like they're interviewing 5 others and taking 1. i'm super anxious and nervous!
has anyone had their interview yet?
- Dec 16, '10 by monkeysarecuteInterviews for CTICU start tomorrow! Is anybody else as nervous as me?!!!
- Dec 18, '10 by VanessaRNIt seems like the interviews for CTICU (and maybe SICU?) are over! Hope it went well for everyone. Regarding CTICU, did you guys get the email and are you coming on Dec 20 (Monday) for the "meet-and-greet" with the staff?