Starting a thread for SDSU Spring 2013 CohortRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Starting a thread for SDSU Spring 2013 Cohort in California State Nursing Programs, part of California Nursing ... Starting a thread for SDSU Spring 2013 Cohort The main question that is floating around right...by PCroizier May 1, '12Starting a thread for SDSU Spring 2013 Cohort
The main question that is floating around right now is:
Are transfer students eligible for Spring 2013?
We know there is no Spring admittance but will we be able to be admitted for Fall 2012 and start some GE classes while waiting for Spring?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=704826©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 9,083 Views
- Pcroizier- what do you have IP? & are you from the SD area?
- I only have 64.
52 for my grades and 12 for TEAS.
I don't have any work exp yet.
I am not really super hopeful for this cohort but it is only my first application.
I have a CNA program lined up for summer so that I can get some experience for next falls application.
I also applied to some community colleges fall ADN programs and might go that route; everything depends on how evey other thing pans out...lol.
The only thing I don't want to do is have nothing to do for a whole year.
What about you?
I did hear around that spring is easier on points.
- I have general bio and biochem in progress. Assuming I get A's in those classes, which I'm really hopeful for, I'd have 73 points. I did hear that spring is easier also, but with this whole transfer issue, I'm afraid we will be denied admissions just because we're transfers. I'm also 2 hours away from SD so I won't be given any priority. I did get into 2 bsn programs but i honestly would rather go to sdsu
- i live in sd...forgot to mention that part. sdsu is my only bsn choice since i don't want to uproot my family (i have a husband a two young babies).
i wish it was more clear about the issue..alothough i found the forum that i mentioned and it was http://allnurses.com/ca-nursing-prog...te-644863.html and twobucktin who mentioned the issue with spring transfer.
- yikes, i've seen that post too :/ doesn't sound good at all. wish the SoN would just tell us straight up if transfers will be able to make it in spring. Have you considered USD? Tuition will be higher, but they have a good nursing program too. You should check it out
- May 1, '12 by slu92Hey! So does anybody know what the deal is with enrollment for Fall 2012? The deadline to SIR is today and I'm a bit worried since I haven't received any notifications from the university yet.
- I may consider it. I have another GE course though before I am eligible..and its in area A which is a YUCK for me. I am not great at English or Comm courses..I have a C in English (and a B in Comm.) Its the only C on my record and I glare at it often.
Its pretty obvious though that if this transfer hiccup comes to nothing that you will get in.
Just to be clear you called SON about it? or main Admissions?
I called the main so I am considering calling SON, but if you called SON then it doesn't really seem to matter and I'll just wait and do what I should be doing now..homework. (also Biochem )
- @ slu92
there is another forum for fall stuff ust search sdsu fall 2012
the gist of it thoughis people have recieved both acceptance and rejections, BUT those that have acceptances had to reply by sunday so they may be sending out more acceptances if there are more spots and then more rejections.
Main admissions said that SON has not finished everything yet when I called yesterday, they also said if you are still pending then the deadline is not applicable and something will be done about it..an extension I guess.
also, you check your webportal right? the university doesn't send emails to my knowledge they only put info in the webportal but SON will send you an email.Last edit by PCroizier on May 1, '12 : Reason: webportal part.
- I called the SON. I always have a hard time reaching someone in the main admissions. I haven't heard from sdsu since november when I applied. lol