Sonoma State BSNRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Sonoma State BSN in California State Nursing Programs, part of California Nursing ... Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has applied for the Fall 2012 BSN at Sonoma State. I applied. They say...by scwolf Apr 5, '12Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone has applied for the Fall 2012 BSN at Sonoma State. I applied. They say they try to get back to applicants by the end of March. Since it's April, I'm getting a little nervous. I think last year they announced acceptances on April 20, so it's probably fine but I don't want to miss an announcement (in spam or such).
Has anyone else heard? Or applied and want to commiserate on waiting?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=694132©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,967 Views
- Apr 5, '12 by boleoHi--I heard from SSU yesterday that I was accepted (april 4). I can't imagine why they did not send all the notices out at once, unless they are still in the selection process. Remain hopeful! Check your spam folder?
- Apr 9, '12 by LameI haven't heard anything back so I guess that means I wasn't accepted?? =/ I thought I would at least be wait listed.
- Have either of you heard anything yet?
I seriously doubt that lack of notice by now means you didn't get in, because they'd have emailed you if so.
It probably means your applications are still in consideration. I can attest from my experience with other schools that sometimes things happen in stages. Remain hopeful!
- Apr 10, '12 by LameWell I called them and they told me I was placed on the alternates' list, but they're still in the process of figuring that out. Hopefully I'm high enough!
- Well that's good news! I can tell you this--my letter said that those accepted had to make a commitment by April 16, next Monday. Perhaps they are waiting to see what comes back so they can let the alternates know. I wish you the best of luck--hopefully we'll be classmates.
- Apr 10, '12 by LameAwesome! Thanks for the info. It's my top choice school. Hopefuly I don't have to go somewhere else. Are you from the Sonoma area?
- Yep. I grew up on the East Coast but have been in Sonoma County for 10 years. I did my prereqs at SRJC, which I loved. I'm not in a position to relocate right now so I'm very thankful that I got in somewhere in Sonoma County. I also applied to Mendocino but did not make the lottery.
- Apr 12, '12 by SavvvAny luck getting in yet?? I got accepted, but I wanted to second Boleo's comment about the April 16th deadline... I know I am still waiting to hear back from other schools, and I'm sure there are so many people who also are! I wouldn't be surprised if at least a few people change their mind once they hear back from other schools even though they originally said yes, which is great for you! Don't lose hope!