Samuel Merritt ABSN Summer 2012 - Page 85Register Today!
- Apr 20, '12 by aluflowAhh, noo pnlu007! But yay for Sika, if that's better for her...! I don't know. Sika, was that you who just joined the FB group? Did you find it okay?
Katiebell, I am notoriously stingy when it comes to books. I think I'll be buying them on Amazon! That price tag is way too shocking!
Also - scrubs! Wooo! So glad they aren't all white. Those people look like total noobs. We will only look like partial noobs.
- Apr 20, '12 by LovePawsso good to here about the scrubs too!
Also is the 1200 bundle of books for the whole school year or just the summer trimester?
- Apr 20, '12 by SikaAluflow, yes it was me that joint the fb page... I am surprised with the number of people in the page, but I guess we will get to know everyone else soon ;-)Lovepaws, yes book bundle is for the whole year... For SF cohort there were still some books not included in the bundle, but Oakland has a different bundle and I haven't gone back to the bookstore to check.I'll be getting the bundle... don't want to stress out about getting the right edition, shipping, and all that fun stuff ;-)
- Apr 27, '12 by aluflowAlright, I think I figured out what the books are for Oakland (except for two):
Wong's Nursing Care of Infants & Children (9ed) by Wong and Hockenberry
Foundations of Nursing in the Community: Community-Oriented Practice (3ed) by Marcia Stanhope
Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques (7ed) by Potter and Perry
Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems (8ed) by Sharon L. Lewis
Maternity Nursing (8ed) by Perry and Lowdermilk
Physical Examination and Health Assessment (6ed) by Carolyn Jarvis
Online I'm finding them used, and coming up to a total of $350. Renting would cost $177. I'm leaning towards buying because I'm a teeny bit anxious about the NCLEX...even though I'm sure I'll be selling a few of these books later (mostly maternity and probably Wong's guide - don't have a lot of interest in working with kids). It's still $500 less than what the bookstore charges, though! So maybe I'll use what's left to buy me some snazzy nursing shoes (all white, of course).
- May 4, '12 by MechanizedDid anybody apply to the program without doing the pathophysiology or pharmacology courses before hand?
- May 4, '12 by tigoi applied for this summer and got in while taking patho and pharm. about to finish pharm this month
- May 4, '12 by Ilean811Hey guys! I just found this page - I'm part of the Oakland Cohort starting at the end of May. Can someone direct me on how to find the FB page? thanks and looking forward to meeting you guys during orientation!
- May 4, '12 by MechanizedTigo
Did you take those courses at SM or through online courses that they approved?
I want to apply but those classes aren't really offered in my area and not sure about taking it online.
- May 7, '12 by tigoI took them through online approved courses. Taking them at SM is super expensive
- May 7, '12 by SikaIlean811, fb page is Samuel Merritt University - ABSN Oakland - Class of 2013