Pre-nursing veteran cal state east bay fall 2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on Pre-nursing veteran cal state east bay fall 2013 in California State Nursing Programs, part of California Nursing ... Hello I'm planning on applying to CSUEB concord for fall 2013 I am a veteran and to my...by Lady0121 May 29, '12Hello I'm planning on applying to CSUEB concord for fall 2013 I am a veteran and to my understanding is that they give priority to veteran's meeting the minimum requirements. This just seems to easy. Are there any veteran's that have applied to this program or anyone have any insight to this ? Thanks in advance for your response !
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=715770©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,598 Views
- Jul 12, '12 by EllTee2BWhat you read is correct my friend. If you served active duty and have a DD214 and were honorably discharged, you are practically a shoe in. Don't think of it as being easy, or you having it easy. While you were in bootcamp crawling in mud getting yelled at, some of your classmates were passed out after a night of drinking and having a good time. You served your country, this is their way of showing their appreciation. Also note that Fresno State does the same thing.
- Oct 27, '12 by mmm333Good. I'm a veteran applying to the RN-to-BSN program for fall 2013 and heading back to the military once accepted.
They are currently accepting applications. You need to have your ducks in a row and get all transcripts in one time.
Does anyone know if they hold on to transcripts sent in a year or two ago (I abandoned a previous application midway due to getting a new job)? Or do all of those transcripts have to be resent again?
- Not sure but I'd have to guess that they hold on to the transcripts. No need to worry about RN-BSN though as it is not impacted. Only the pre-licensure program is. I'd still submit my DD214 however.
- Nov 2, '12 by mmm333Yes those transcripts were in the system. I sent the rest along with DD214. They said the same thing, I'll get in.
My only problem now is that I went to UC for undergrad (they do not require one since there are many presentations in their "discussion groups" that follow lectures). So now I might need to take a "Public Speaking" course.
However, I would love to find a way around that one... I can't take a course like that and work my current job.
- Try looking at www.assist.org. It should help you with the courses that will transfer over. It's a series of drop down bars and you simply select what applies to you. If you don't see it there, likely there is a good chance you will have to repeat it.
- Another note on the public speaking. If you live close to Travis AFB, there is a short 6 week public speaking course offered on base by Solano Community College. It is offered every semester and runs two nights a week. You should have no problems transferring it over to CSUEB. Hope that helps.
- Mar 1 by harrison89hey great information, im also in the same boat, separating from the army, heres some more info on veterans preference for nursing --
csu sacramento, csu fresno, ventura college , fresno city also has the same program going on. good luck
i might apply at csueb since im in san jose too
- Mar 3 by EllTee2BMight wanna check on Sac State. Last I checked they stopped giving veterans preference a few years ago.