Pasadena ADN Fall 2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on Pasadena ADN Fall 2013 in California State Nursing Programs, part of California Nursing ... This will be my first semester applying to ADN programs! I am hoping to move to the Los Angeles...by ShyeoftheTiger Jan 31This will be my first semester applying to ADN programs! I am hoping to move to the Los Angeles area either for nursing school or after it; I just wondered if Pasadena Community College (PCC) gives favor to those already in the LA area. I mean, will they still take my application seriously even if I am in Northern California? I know for their Anesthesia Technician program, they ask for a statement of intent. Is that true for their ADN program?
Also, I took Microbiology 8 years ago (but I took Anatomy & Physiology last year). PCC website says it's "highly recommended" to take it within 5 years. Does anyone know of a case where someone took a science class more than 5 years ago and got in?
Here are my stats:
Overall GPA: 3.1
Science GPA: 3.71 (Micro: B, A&PI: A, A&PII: A)
Non-Science Prerequisite GPA: 4.0
*Need to work
TEAS V: 86%
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=812467©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,615 Views
- Feb 1 by MeriwhenMoved just a bit to the CA State Nursing Programs forum for more targeted responses. Best of luck!
- Feb 2 by dorkiexcicii retook anatomy recently because it wasn't taken within 5 years. they recommend that you have the classes within 5 years.
- Feb 2 by dorkiexcicii live in orange county, but willing to move to pasadena. and i have a friend who lives in buena park and is currently in the program.
i'm going to the campus and dropping off my application and transcripts.
micro, anatomy, physio - all A's
i'm applying for the lvn-rn bridge program. so i don't know if the 5 year science criteria applies to regular admission
- Feb 2 by ShyeoftheTigerQuote from ChristineLVN2RNInteresting... Did you apply before you retook it and not get in? I do plan to take micro again in the fall if I don't get into a program...i retook anatomy recently because it wasn't taken within 5 years. they recommend that you have the classes within 5 years.
- Feb 13 by ShyeoftheTigerOy! Of course my application gets lost in the mail :-l
Luckily, I have extra copies of everything including transcripts... I emailed pcc to see if by chance they got it anyway... Here's to hoping they have it and get back to me!
- Feb 15 by ShyeoftheTigerJust kidding... PCC received my application; they said they had everything they needed Whew!
- Feb 17 by dorkiexciciPCC is not NLNAC accredited? is this a problem? i heard many people say it is.
- Feb 17 by dorkiexciciQuote from shyei haven't applied yet. i'm still thinking about turning in my application for the LVN to RN program.Interesting... Did you apply before you retook it and not get in? I do plan to take micro again in the fall if I don't get into a program...
- Feb 17 by ShyeoftheTigerOnly one of the 5 schools I'm applying to is accredited by NLN... I don't think it matters. It definitely doesn't affect NCLEX pass rates!