Mount St. Mary's College ABSN FALL 2012Register Today!
- by raymondt77 Jan 17, '12Hello,
I just applied for the ABSN for Fall 2012, just wondering if anyone has submitted their applications for this pool?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=663403©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 23,581 Views
- Mar 11, '12 by hdkimHi raymondt77,
I also applied for the ABSN Fall 2012 cohort. Waiting anxiously...
- Mar 13, '12 by kaolla56I also just applied! *crosses fingers*
- Mar 13, '12 by raymondt77I'm glad we're all in the same boat! Question:how many classes(if any) do you all have pending? Is your BA degree pending also?
one concern that i have is that i wont be able to get the extra money to cover the entire tuition, i dont have good credit and if i did, i don't have a job to show the bank that i can pay that money. How are you guys dealing with this issue?
- Mar 13, '12 by hdkimHey raymondt77,Right now I'm taking my last two classes (last semester!). I graduated in 2010 so I already have my BA degree.I'm applying for financial aid through FAFSA to get the maximum amount, which I believe is around $12,500 and then get another loan through Wells Fargo.Good luck!
- Mar 13, '12 by kaolla56Hey raymondt77!
I'm going to graduate with a BA in Biology in June so I still have classes to finish up! However, the school I'm currently attending doesn't offer a few prereq nursing courses so I'm gonna hopefully finish them before the entry fall date. So after graduation I still needa take Human Physiology w/ lab, Human Nutrition, Bioethics (but I'll probably take this during the year at MSMC if I get accepted), Religious Studies and Lifespan Development Psych. As for finances, I'm going to sign up for financial aid and have my parents help with some fees as well. Possibly sign up for scholarships too!
- Mar 17, '12 by hdkimHi kaolla56,
Make sure you finish your science prerequisites before applying to the program since the science courses are weighed more heavily than the rest of the prereqs! I actually got denied for the ABSN Summer 2012 cohort because of one Chemistry course that was expired (Didn't check the application carefully). Just to let you know they're pretty strict about whether or not you've completed your science courses :\
- Mar 19, '12 by kaolla56Hey hdkim!
Oh really? Wow I did not know they were THAT strict about finishing the science prereqs BEFORE turning in an application. I just know that you can still take preqreqs in progress before the entry date that you're applying for. Well this terribly worries me ... the school that I currently attend offers Human Physio and Nutrition (the science classes I need left to take) but they require so many prereqs themselves so I'm deciding to take those at a community college once I graduate. Also Human Physio has a reputation for being one of the hardest courses at my school and I don't want to ruin my GPA. But anyways, thanks for the heads up but I've already turned in my application so I guess I'll just hope for the best?? :/
- Mar 28, '12 by RickyLatino87Hi,
I also applied for Fall 2012. All my application materials were submitted and I received an email saying that they were missing some of them and that my application would not be looked at. I immediately called and they told me that they did receive everything and I would receive an admission decision. Did this happen to anyone else??
Also, MSMC's NCLEX pass rate for 2010/2011 was 76%. This is pretty low. And their highest was 89% in 2006/2007. Is anyone else concerned about this? I'm not sure if I would have applied knowing that their pass rate was that low.
- Mar 28, '12 by hdkimQuote from RickyLatino87Hi Rickylatino87,That actually happened to me the last time I applied for the summer 2012 cohort. They didn't get one of my letter of recs until the day the app was due. I don't know what happened...Anyways, this time I turned everything very early and my app is complete and in review process.Good luck!Hi,I also applied for Fall 2012. All my application materials were submitted and I received an email saying that they were missing some of them and that my application would not be looked at. I immediately called and they told me that they did receive everything and I would receive an admission decision. Did this happen to anyone else??Also, MSMC's NCLEX pass rate for 2010/2011 was 76%. This is pretty low. And their highest was 89% in 2006/2007. Is anyone else concerned about this? I'm not sure if I would have applied knowing that their pass rate was that low.