Merritt College Fall 2012 - Page 3Register Today!
- May 22, '12 by uni1602Hey all,
I also got the acceptance letter for the fall. I live in Alameda ( seems like there are a few others 20 miles around me; San Leandro, Richmond, Berkeley)
Let's wait until after orientation, when we have a better idea (or not) of what is going to happen =)
Anybody else's freaking out?!
- May 22, '12 by jon510hello i also got accepted to merritt this fall. im from richmond aswell i have a question. the classes for the first semster are drug dosage and fundementals of nursing? i already took drug dosage class at contra costa college. will i have to retake it or is testing out of it the only way? oh and id like to join the study group. see you guys at the orientation!
- I'm looking forward to meeting all of you at orientation and getting a study group together. I also took drug dosage calculations already. I'm hoping to test out if they don't count it towards the program.
- Study group people:
Anyone want me to start a Facebook page for a study group?
It might be easier to keep track of messages to each other with a group page. If yes, just reply to this and I'll post the exact name of the group page on Facebook (and make it open to anyone who wants to join). Soundie goodie?
- I'm also freaking out a little, but trying to contain it. I just ordered 4 books from Amazon to study over the summer:
(1) Fundamentals of Nursing by Potter, et al (I bought old edition for 9 bucks).
(2) Fundamentals of Nursing by Taylor (same title as #1, but written more clearly, I hear).
(3) Dosage calculations book
(4) NCLEX practice exam book (since our tests are supposed to be in NCLEX format, which I'm unfamiliar with).
Those might be some good materials to look into if you are worried about the first 9 weeks of this program.
- I'm interested In a Facebook page. I think it's an Awesome idea.
- May 22, '12 by uni16021.facebook study group sounds like a great idea ( finally i can have an excuse to be on facebook, lol) ( if possible, can the group be named something not affiliated with the program, or school?)
2. dosagehelp.com - helping nursing students learn dosage calculations is a great website for dosage calculation
3. fundamentals of nursing by potter just rolled out their 8th edition in march, i'm hoping they won't make us use that one. it's pretty expensive, and most likely there won't be any used book out there yet
- Uni1602: Yes, I've named the facebook group page something non-school affiliated, but still is clearly for a nursing program (ADN).
Study group people:
Here's the group name I created, which can't mistaken for anything else.
It's searchable on facebook now: "Cabbit ADN study group 2012"
Feel free to request to join the group anytime, I'll add you!
- I can't find it on Facebook
- May 22, '12 by ThatGuy.@ cabbit, a fb page is a great idea. i'll
look for it
i also ordered the following books from amazon in order to get started with some of the material:
*calculating drug dosages: an interactive approach to learning nursing math ([color=#b22222]it's a cd, so if you guys know how to make copies or something let me know, i'll lend it to you)
*saunders comprehensive review for the nclex-rn® examination, 5e (saunders comprehensive review for nclex-rn)
*nursing fundamentals: review & rationales
everything including shipping came up to $80, which is not bad at all. as for the text book, i'm going to wait till orientation to find out what edition we will be using