Merritt College ADN Program Fall 2010 - What does "Alternate" mean???? - Page 3Register Today!
- I have Dominican as a back up, but they are telling me it's 1-3 semesters wait, on top of their tuition I just don't know. I hope this orientation relieves some stress. I'm waiting on Los Medanos, and Chabot, got like #416 on CCSF's lottery....I guess there is a tendency for more people to gripe about the program when their having difficulties with it.
Let's face the fact, We got in, and thats an accomplishment in it of itself, lets shake our groove thang. this will all come later.
- I will call them tomorrow, i have a list of questions already, ill come back on here and try to tell you what they've told me, we'll tag team this. only way to survive is if we stick together.
- Apr 22, '10 by sheilamAccording to the Board of RN website, 24 sat for the NCLEX in 2009, and about 95% passed (about 23 people).
I think this means that 24 people graduated, because you gotta graduate to take the NCLEX, right?
- Apr 22, '10 by kay26for CCSF i cried my eyes out. coz so close to where I live and my sister graduated from there. and the fact that my parents put her diploma and nursing license on our living room and my parents are RN's. soo much pressure. ohlone they only accept 20 both sem and i didnt have time to do their stupid reading test. chabot, i was in the Philippines during their application period. i was gonna apply to modesto. but thats in may. and I was gna apply to more schools in during summer/fall since I'm finally done with some pre-reqs for them. but i got this letter. soo... we shall see.
- yea I wanted CCSF badly, live close, but I think 24 that passed NCLEX, that is the 24 that graduated. I can't imagine you'd go through a program, to not take the NCLEX, if they give me the excuse "well sir, that number are only those who took it, there are those who graduated and haven't taken it.." thats gonna be a problem. but we'll see, more info to come.
- Apr 22, '10 by kay26okay keep updating guys
- Apr 23, '10 by sheilamI got into Ohlone!!!!
I am so relieved.....I think I'm gonna have a drink too!
Good luck at Merritt, guys!
- Apr 23, '10 by eveangelinahey I am an alternate as well. I am thinking of asking more about it in person when I hand in my form, maybe bring some chocolates
- Apr 24, '10 by craizy_mani tried to get some answers form them on the phone, it didn't happen. Congrats on Ohlone!
- Apr 24, '10 by nyashanam an alternate at merrit too
i would take reviews about a school with a grain of salt. i believe it all depends on the person, some people want to be spoon fed and it does not work like that once u r on the ward managing ur own patient list. so if u r hardworking, are good relating to people and be disciplined such that u sacrifice all other aspects of your life then u will do well in WHATEVER program...
see u guys at the orientation...
if i dont get into Samuel Merrit, CSU Stansilaus, OHSU, CSU San Bernadino!!!!!!!! (still awaiting those replies) i am also on two other waiting lists