Los Medanos for Fall 2011? - Page 33Register Today!
- Aug 6, '11 by DReinerMBAQuote from ChainerHi everyone,
I was wondering how long the immunizations or titers took to finish for you all. I immediately made appointments last Thursday, as soon as I got my Nursing admission packet, but the clinic scheduled me for Wednesday. I am worried that there will not be sufficient time to get everything done before clinical sessions begin, specially the Hep B series vaccine.
I got my titers back within 24 hours. Any immunizations you do need, in most instances, can all be given at the same time. The two step TB is pretty quick. (or a negative Chest X-ray) And I am sure if you show proof that you received your first Hep B or Twinrix, they will just want you to provide proof of that and followed up with proof of the completed series. I would imagine the program will give you time, especially since you just got the info so late. It is my understanding we do not start hospital clinicals for about 4 weeks, that is plenty of time. I would not stress. Also, if you got your appointment for the mask fitting on Tuesday, you can always ask the nursing department then.
- Aug 6, '11 by ChainerI see, thank you very much for the info. I have been stressing over not being able to finish the immunizations in time >_<; Fortunately, I have already finished the TB test and most of the other requirements. All that's left after the immunizations and mask fitting on Tuesday would be to buy the books (ouch to my finances! >_<) and uniforms xD.
- Aug 8, '11 by NBB2013awesome! sounds like you are doing good time-wise. I would definitely ask the nursing dept, though, for a deadline, just to calm your nerves or discuss potential issues that you may foresee...
i am moving back to the bay area tomorrow...it's hard to believe the week has finally come!
- Aug 8, '11 by DReinerMBAGood Luck on the move. Be careful!
- Aug 8, '11 by want2banurse35Hey everybody, I will see some of you tomorrow for the mask fitting. Mines is at 3pm but I am going to leave home earlier than that so I do not run into traffic. For some reason, before I was accepted into the program, I used to be on allnurses all the time. Reading all of the posts, the good stories, the horror stories. But now ever since I was accepted, this is the ONLY thread I read. Is that weird or what? It's like I do not want to scare myself
- Aug 8, '11 by DReinerMBAMine is at 10:30, so I won't get to say hi.
- Aug 9, '11 by NBB2013i'm kinda the same way with reading the posts for the same reason, but i cant help but indulge at times is anyone online right now that could tell me the building for the mask fitting? it just gives us the room........
- Aug 9, '11 by DReinerMBAHope you found it ok. Sure you figured out it was in the nursing building.
- Aug 11, '11 by BCT1Is everyone here excited for tomorrow. I think I am more nervous than anything. What do we need to bring for our first day of instruction? Are you guys planning on bringing any textbooks? Also I am a little confused about our schedule. I know the hours for tomorrow is from 9am-2:50pm, is that because it is our first day? I'm wondering if we will normally start meeting at 7am.
- Aug 11, '11 by want2banurse35Quote from BCT1I have no idea. I am hoping tomorrow they give us an overview of the program. So we can know what to expect and what books to bring to what class. I am excited but super nervous about tomorrow.Is everyone here excited for tomorrow. I think I am more nervous than anything. What do we need to bring for our first day of instruction? Are you guys planning on bringing any textbooks? Also I am a little confused about our schedule. I know the hours for tomorrow is from 9am-2:50pm, is that because it is our first day? I'm wondering if we will normally start meeting at 7am.