Los Angeles Harbor College Fall 2012 - Page 7Register Today!
- I know what you mean about having to move. Harbor is about 20 miles away from me but my bf goes to ELAC. So if we move closer to Harbor, he'll be really far from his school. So I think we have to stay where we are. Or if I get into LA County then I might go there. Though, I'm still on the fence because of the tuition cost.
When do you find out from LASW?
- May 1, '12 by justinpark09Quote from willowitaLASW just sent me an invite to take TEAS on MAY 17th, which I passed already. After that, they will run the lottery (almost like LAHC). We will be noticed the Admission Status around May 20-25.I know what you mean about having to move. Harbor is about 20 miles away from me but my bf goes to ELAC. So if we move closer to Harbor, he'll be really far from his school. So I think we have to stay where we are. Or if I get into LA County then I might go there. Though, I'm still on the fence because of the tuition cost.
When do you find out from LASW?
I have to spend 25 bucks to send my Teas Score without guaranteeing to be selected. But because I do not wanna to move, or stuck in crazy LA traffic, so I may spend 25 bucks to send Teas score over and keep praying to have a seat at LASW.
East LA College is far. So, I do not think Ima apply there.
You're still waiting to hear from LA County and where else?? You have a good score. I think you have a better chance to get in. Good luck
- Yeah, it's better to spend the 25 and get into a school close to home. I hope you get into LASW but just remember that people do crazy commutes all the time. So if you have to do it for LA Trade Tech, then that's what you gotta do. How many miles would it be for you?
I still have to hear from PCC, GCC, LA City, and LA County. LA City and County would be the closest for me. I don't think I have a chance at City because they also do a lottery and there were TONS of applicants. Part of me wants to go to County but the other part of me is worried about the tuition cost there. Harbor would be a lot less. So it'll be a hard decision. We'll see what happens.
- May 1, '12 by LovetheERWillowita, does County still do tuition contracts? When I went for an information session they explained to us that we could sign a tuition contract, where we would attend County's program with minimal cost, then at the end of the program we would work for a County hospital for three years and they were forgive the tuition.
- May 1, '12 by justinpark09I have 2 friends. they used to go to LA County, later they worked there for 2 years, and County paid for them to get BSN then (amazing!!!) But it's far and I do not have a very competitive TEAS Score (72). So I do not think I have a chance....
- May 1, '12 by MMorisawaI feel you about moving - I am moving 400 miles from northern CA to go to school at LAHC. But, it will be worth it, and it will be a lot warmer!
Yeah they still do the tuition contracts but it would still be about $700 a semester. Harbor is only $36 per unit. First semester is 10 units so that's about $360. I'm sure there are other fees but it seems so much more affordable.
My fear is that it will be hard to get a job at a county hospital right out of the program and I'll get stuck with the full bill if I go to County's school. The job market sounds tough overall, especially for new grads. If I get accepted, I may just have to flip a coin!
Are there other schools you're waiting to hear from?
What part of Nor Cal are you moving from, if you don't mind telling? I used to live in Davis and Sacramento a while back. I went to UCD during my college 1.0 days. I actually miss the variation in seasons.
- May 2, '12 by MMorisawaI live in the bay area, south of S.F. in Pacifica. I'm trying to move somewhere close to the ocean like San Pedro since I live near the ocean now. I'm looking forward to the hot weather
- May 2, '12 by justinpark09Quote from MMorisawaI feel you about moving - I am moving 400 miles from northern CA to go to school at LAHC. But, it will be worth it, and it will be a lot warmer!
San Pedro is one of the nice area, you should consider some nice appartments to rent this area. But it's not cheap at all. haha. Wilmington kinda scare me tho. iDK. welcome to SoCal
FOR those you got accepted.. make sure you've done with the CPR stuff, vaccination, walking shoes (all white), stethoscope are what you must have. I took pharmacology and Drug Calculation @ another CCollege. and LAHC accepted these scores.
Right now, Im reading Pathophysiology. I love to read and take simple notes about the disease. I talked to LAHC counselor, she did not give me my lottery number (where I am on the alternate list) but i felt like she gave me the hint that I had a good chance. hOPE it's right ! teheheLast edit by justinpark09 on May 2, '12