LLU- winter 2013 admissionsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on LLU- winter 2013 admissions in California State Nursing Programs, part of California Nursing ... Hey everyone, I applied to the winter 2013 program & was wondering if anyone has gotten a reply...by Wannabe_np Sep 3, '12Hey everyone, I applied to the winter 2013 program & was wondering if anyone has gotten a reply yet. I'm starting to get a little worried. I should probably call in but I'm too scared lol. I know I have already been awarded financial aid but I don't know if that means anything!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=781045©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,010 Views
- Sep 12, '12 by NursingHereICome:-)Hi Wannabe_npI too applied to LLUSN for winter 2013. I also received financial aid award letter but have yet to have any communication with the nursing department since my interview. I was told that they would not send acceptance letters out till the end of September or the beginning of October. However, this has not stopped me from checking my email and mail box daily! :-)) Best of luck!
- Sep 21, '12 by alexis87Good luck guys! I started at llu last winter so I know the wait can be tough, but if you have any questions about the program feel free to ask. It made me a whole lot less nervous about starting having someone to ask questions about what's was getting into.
- Sep 21, '12 by NursingHereICome:-)Hi alexis87,Thank you so much for your offer! I do have a few question for you, and I hope you can help ease my thoughts. Does the school really help to work with and around schedules? When I spoke with Heather she explained that they try to schedule your clinical to help out those who are mothers. But that it's on a first come basis. Also, does the competitiveness ease between the students after admissions?
- Sep 21, '12 by alexis87Quote from NursingHereICome:-)The school works with your schedule as much as they can. The classes themselves are set and are not negotiable (accept for some non nursing classes such as religion and writing, which have a few time options) but the school does let you request a clinical time and location (if there are options for locations). For example this quarter there are students in my class at three different hospitals on three different days. We were able to request the day and hospital we wanted. Most got the day they wanted and some got the location they desired . But all the locations are very close to each other so that is not a big deal. They give priority to the requests who have a valid reason such as child care or transportation as far as I know. As far as the competitiveness, it gets so much better in the program. Since there is no curve on grades, so we are all here to help each other pass the best we can! we will all have study groups, share notes and help each other as much as possible. Now there are always a few people wherever you go who are not out to help their classmates, but it is much less at llu, and the atmosphere is so much more supportive among students. The thing that I noticed that was different here than other schools was that the students who took the classes before me were so willing to help and give study tips and support you along in your class. Hope this helps!Hi alexis87,Thank you so much for your offer! I do have a few question for you, and I hope you can help ease my thoughts. Does the school really help to work with and around schedules? When I spoke with Heather she explained that they try to schedule your clinical to help out those who are mothers. But that it's on a first come basis. Also, does the competitiveness ease between the students after admissions?
- Sep 21, '12 by NursingHereICome:-)Yes it does!! Thank you so much! I really think that it is wonderful that seasoned students take the time to help out. I am so nervous, but yet so excited to start this amazing chapter of my life. I just hope my scores,gpa and interview are strong enuf!! I cannot wait to become part of the LLUSN family.
- Sep 26, '12 by jooheeyangHave any of you heard from LLU yet? I was waitlisted for Fall 2012, but was guaranteed a spot for the Winter so I accepted it. I would like to know who I'll be attending with. Good luck to all of you!
- Sep 26, '12 by NursingHereICome:-)Hi Jooheeyang, I have not heard anything as of yet. I called them last week on Friday and I was told that they just started meeting. I was enformed that we should know something by the end of this week or possibly next week. :-)) CONGRADULATIONS on your acceptance for winter!!Last edit by NursingHereICome:-) on Sep 26, '12 : Reason: Fixing display
- Oct 25, '12 by hilda_saldanaHey, you got accepted!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!! I'm happy for you. I have to apply next semester. I'm so nervous. I hope I get in, too. Do you mind me asking what GPA? I hear that they accept a prerequisite GPA of 3.7 and up. Please and thank you for your time. : )))