I need some input on nursing schools in Southern Cali - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 15, '11 by tnbutterflyThread moved to CA Nursing Programs Forum.
- Feb 15, '11 by ThirdwatchThe waiting at Ventura College is not long at all. They have probably the best nursing instructors in the nation.
- Feb 17, '11 by FaeriewandSan Diego County Community Colleges no longer have the wait list. They go by points now so if you get good grades then you get in.
- Feb 25, '11 by future_la_nurseA lot of the Southbay area schools dont have waitlists anymore either. L.A. Harbor College & L.A. Southwest College for sure. El Camino (both the compton & torrance location), and Rio Hondo College just to name a couple. It just depends on how far you're willing to travel. Most schools are based on the point system, and some are lottery based (if you meet the minimum requirements). I just got into Harbor and started the Spring 2011 term. It was based on the lottery and it was my first time applying. So its possible to get into a school without waiting FOREVER or paying so much $$$$$$. Goodluck and i wish you the best =)
- Mar 6, '11 by xluescluesxMost of the community colleges I was interested in applying to don't do a waitlist and just do a lottery. For example Glendale Community College and Valley College. I have 2 friends that got in on their first try.