Go for the USF BSN Program or wait for the SFSU BSN Program?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Go for the USF BSN Program or wait for the SFSU BSN Program? in California State Nursing Programs, part of California Nursing ... I recently got accepted into the BSN Program at University of San Francisco for Spring 2011, but I...by bombom Jan 5, '11I recently got accepted into the BSN Program at University of San Francisco for Spring 2011, but I won't know until March-May 2011 if I got into the program at San Francisco State for the Fall 2011 term. I'd love to continue at USF if not for the huge amount of student loan debt I'd have by the end of the three year program (over $100k). Then again, I'd love to go to SFSU, especially because it would cost FAR less than USF.. Would it be a good idea to go for the USF program first (for spring semester) and then transfer to SFSU if I get accepted? Is transfering even an option for me?? Or, should I just not go to USF and wait on SFSU?? I've been so nervous about getting into a program, and I don't know if I'm passing up on a great opportunity. Help!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=524715©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,698 Views
- Feb 26, '11 by Just4KixsYou can transfer out. Just make sure that your nursing classes get credited to that you don't need to lack units or repeat the same nursing courses. I also applied to SFSU and find out my results in April.
- Mar 25, '11 by lexyroseWas it difficult getting accepted into USF? They're my first choice for transferring to after i finish my prereqs at City College. TIA
- Mar 31, '11 by bombomQuote from lexyroseI'm not sure if I should say it was easy... It sure felt like it was though! I asked an adviser on the USF program and he told me only about 20% of applicants get in, so I would say it is fairly difficult. But don't let that get you down. Just keep up with the deadlines and make sure your application essay is relevant to their values. I also chose a higher English class professor to write me a recommendation letter, so maybe her fantastic English skills helped me to get in too!Was it difficult getting accepted into USF? They're my first choice for transferring to after i finish my prereqs at City College. TIA
I thought I hadn't gotten into USF but it turns out I just got the acceptance letter too late (after Jan 4). Good luck and I hope to see you! (If I stay at USF!)
- Mar 31, '11 by bombomQuote from Solidus_SnakeThe two classes I know I'll be taking at USF can't transfer into SFSU since they're unique to the USF nursing program. BUT I don't mind that anymore. As long as I get into either USF/SFSU.You can transfer out. Just make sure that your nursing classes get credited to that you don't need to lack units or repeat the same nursing courses. I also applied to SFSU and find out my results in April.
Did you get into the SFSU program? I got waitlisted, but I might just stay on the list because I'm ranked so high. There's still a chance..
- Jul 6, '11 by SFLadyIf you're able to get into SFSU, then I'd say DO IT!!! I'm currently at USF. I do love the program but it'll be costing me an arm and a leg when I finish the program. Also, I had to wait a year before I could start my clinical rotation. However, the people I've met in the program are awesome and the clinical instructors have been a heaven-sent....so far, so good.