CSUN ABSN - Page 9Register Today!
- I think a lot of people just do the masters route and skip the bsn if you're planning on getting a masters and have that option, you might want to do that =)
- Mar 20, '12 by willowLAI would like to apply to a Master's program after BSN ( if I make it). The whole reason for BSN for me is to figure out what I am interested in - which field, which Master's. But I would like to work first to get experience: ) To get that first, difficult to find
job: )Last edit by willowLA on Mar 20, '12 : Reason: typo
- that makes sense... the people i spoke to with that question mainly said time and money was why they went straight for the masters =)
- Mar 20, '12 by willowLAI should have probably done the same - applied for ELM to save time and money, but not sure if I want to pursue NP, or NS, or CRNA (?- a lot of people want that one). How about you - any Master's in mind?
- i don't think i got into either csun or concordia since i haven't heard from either... i was trying for an accelerated bsn program. not sure if i'll be able to wait a whole year to apply again... gonna find a job in the meantime =)
- Mar 21, '12 by jungdtthank you all for your inputs. you guys are awsome. i think i'm pretty much decided. i will be giving up my spot at csun and accept a spot at another school (master's program). those of you who are still waiting, good luck to you!!! btw, my spot was summer 2012.
- Mar 21, '12 by danceluver@jungdt-congrats! Where have you decided to go? I think some people who also go this route do it to save $ because doing direct entry programs (where you become an np within 2-3 years) is much mor expensive. But I do know people who went the ABSN route and then immediately went into a NP program
- Mar 21, '12 by jungdtstill waiting for ucla, since i'm waitlisted. if not ucla then azusa. i don't have much time since i'm already in the mid-30s and i want to start working asap. i like absn route since it's cheaper and csun is only 20 min drive from my house...but i want to start working soon.
- Mar 22, '12 by happyperson2just in case there are people still waiting to hear something, i got an email that said letters should be sent out by march 29th
- Mar 22, '12 by willowLAHappyperson2,
I hope you will get in! Seems like a lot of people are refusing their spots