CSULB Fall 2012 BSN - Page 65Register Today!
- Thank you for kind comment. I was at 11 am.
- I really hope so. One of my interviewer was from the Learning Resouce Center. After the interview, I went to LRC and saw him. He smiled at me. I am praying to a god everyday.
I think my English is fine, but I get nervous when I have to write English with limited time. I am accepted from Cypress College for next semester. I may have to go there.
- You have a really good score. No one at the interview told us that its a pass fail. They distinctly said that we are already ranked and that the interview doesn't change that. I assume people that 'fail' the interview become alternates. Not disqualified. Have you received any correspondance from the program?
- Not yet. Are you? I asked my interviewer what would happen if a person failed the interview. He said that it would be disqualified. It is also true that the order of rank will not be changed. He said if the level of English communication were lower, they would accept the person with a condition. If the level is too low, the person would be disqualified, not alternate. Alternate people are qualified. So, if they had interviewed extra 20 people after our interview, it sound like that some people were disqualified already.
- wait! what extra 20 people were interviewed! when?
- I don't know exactly. It is 20 or 30 people? When I was reading previous thread, I found the information. I am not sure. They did it last semester too. Being alternate is so much better than being rejected. I wish that they accept me with a condition at least. I wouldn't mind taking any extra English class. We probably get a letter by tomorrow, right?
- Apr 16, '12 by SpiffynessI'm not sure when they'll let us know. BeachsideNic said he'd check so I'm sure he'll let us know as soon as he finds out Hopefully this week though!!
- Oh...No lol I see what you meant!
I am assuming what they do is that they rank everyone, best score is number one and the cut off score is number (lets say 110) they interview those 110 people and (lets say they accept 90) those extra 20 people are alternates. Now I was assuming that if you failed the interview, you just got bumped on to the alternates list. Well that doesn't make sense, so I guess your right that they would get disqualified then.
What I don't understand is that CSULB is a really good school and that a lot of people will give anything to go there. I don't know why they make the alternates list so big. It can be up to 30 people. I HIGHLY doubt that even HALF of the accepted pile decides to go somewhere else. I may be wrong though...
Honestly, I think your fine...Your score is great, you wont have to worry
- okay. When I was reading page 63, it sounded like that they sent out email already. I thought I was not accepted since I didn't get the email. Cool! So, there is still hope......
- Apr 16, '12 by Spiffyness@CluelessNursingGuy = Troll. Just kidding :P