CSU Los Angeles School of Nursing (CSULA Fall 2012) - Page 57Register Today!
- @ Sami
Should that hold true, I can't seem to grasp why so much emphasis is placed on 1 test while prerequisite gpa is based on numerous classes consisting of many tests, time, effort, sweat, and sometimes blood(I cut myself dissecting a cat). Doing good on 1 test just requires enough time to prepare and anyone can pass with good scores. IMO prerequisite classes should carry more weight. But I guess my opinion doesnt really matter as everyone has one.
Yea I calculated whichever one is the correct one, I quadruple checked by referencing their guidelines and then calculating my score. I posted it in one of the earlier pages of this thread.
- not much
pre req: 3.59: 6 points
overall: 3.0 or 3.1 : 2 points (i think they calculated wrong but w/e) it may have raised when I sent in winter grades, doubt it though
TEAS:.......sorry had to look it up. Reading was national %-tile: 91: 5 points
English was national %-tile 78: 3 points
CNA job at hospital 3 points
What that tally me up to............. a crap-score of .....19
- Found itQuote from abodamurse4.0 for prereqs3.9x overallteas reading 83teas english 63 (considering i only had a week to study, im just happy i passed)previous work experience as a doctors assistant
- Well the evaluater that broke the news to me said tie breakers are mostly like if you have the co-reqs done. Like if are lucky enough to attend CSULA or a school that offers a decent nutrition class that transfers or has completed intro to sociology. that is a tie breaker. I just complete intro to socio the beginning of this month. I probably should have sent the grades in. I am going to (I got a C, because it was online and I slacked! And it is my last 'pre nursing' class)
I guess its ADN for me!
- Apr 25, '12 by SpiffynessI was in the 96th percentile for math, 99th for science, 83rd for reading, and 89th for english. Wish they looked at math and science over reading and english. In my opinion they are more important as a nurse than reading and grammar..
- Quote from abodamurseYou mean you were a PA or something?Found it
Make sure that counted! I had friends that had healthcare jobs not of the 'listed variety' that is on their website and they didn't get points for it. That might be what did it for you
Hopefully not though!
I am sure you will get an email tomorrow morning!
- Quote from DarkBluePhoenixNot a PA, I volunteered 100+ hours under the direct supervision of an internal medicine physician. I took vital signs and assisted the doctor with anything she requested. This is such a headache, guess I'm not sleeping tonightYou mean you were a PA or something?Make sure that counted! I had friends that had healthcare jobs not of the 'listed variety' that is on their website and they didn't get points for it. That might be what did it for youHopefully not though!I am sure you will get an email tomorrow morning!
- oh then you would have gotten volunteer points not healthcare points...
Oh well, knocked you down one point. Doesn't mean you wont get in!!!!
If anyone has to worry, its me!
- yes i shall call it a night as well. i am going to walk the dog then go to bed.
night everyone and keep us in your prayers for letters tomorrow!
- Quote from DarkBluePhoenixYea originally I thought maybe 24, but now I know for sure 23 after I dropped a point because of that. Good night dark. I'll pray for both of us.oh then you would have gotten volunteer points not healthcare points...Oh well, knocked you down one point. Doesn't mean you wont get in!!!!If anyone has to worry, its me!