CSU Los Angeles School of Nursing (CSULA Fall 2012) - Page 4Register Today!
- Jan 20, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixhey everyone!
so i official mailed in everything! including my recent overall GPA increase as well as my healthcare experience!
that that officially puts me at 23 points!
I just hope that is enough to get in! talk about a LLLLLLLLOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG wait until April/May which is when we should find out!
Geez I am nervous! I hope we all get in! Good luck everyone
- Jan 20, '12 by SpiffynessHave you sent your transcripts to the admissions office too? Or only the School of nursing?
- Jan 20, '12 by Sirena80I'm in for the long wait too and would love some company. I can't wait for spring semester to start so I have something else to focus on. I'm pretty sure my family think I am nuts at this point. Good luck to everyone!
I only sent some to the school of nursing. i just ordered more to apply to more schools and to update the universities
Sirena80: You applied to CSULA too? All your stuff in and ready?
Good luck everyone!
- Jan 21, '12 by Sirena80Yes, I applied to CSULA in Nov. I sent all of my paperwork and transcripts at the same time. I included the employment verification for my current job, but am not sure if I should send one for the hospital I worked at prior. I am also not sure if I should send an updated transcript with my fall grades on it. None of those classes were prereqs, but do they need it for GPA?
- I wouldn't worry about the other job, as long as your current (or past) job has healthcare experience that included patient contact like CNA, EMT (receptionist and stuff doesn't count) etc.... then your fine!Of course you need to always update the university AND the program with updated transcripts. They needed to be up to date as possible. I mean, who knows, you may have put your GPA in a high range for points like I did. BTW what's your stats if I may ask?
- Jan 21, '12 by SpiffynessAren't the official documents like transcripts to the university due after we find out whether or not we get into the nursing program? I remember seeing some date in June or July in the student login page. So can't we wait to order them before sending in the transcripts to admissions? I haven't sent any to the admissions office for schools I've applied to except sfsu since the school of nursing shares the transcript with undergrad admissions.
- See SFSU is good, they actually SHARE information! How nice? I wish all schools did. 9 times out of 10 the admission people have no clue about what the nursing programs do and vice versa!
Well I ALWAYS update the universities with and updated grades/classes in progress. Maybe you do have to wait until June? I dont know but whenever I have transfered (to Cal Poly Pomona and to CSULA) I ALWAYS updated after every semester! If you want to take a chance and dont, then thats fine, I guess. I personally would not take that chance especially being how impacted each and every university and college is right now. Oh and as I said before, especially if your overall GPA raises.
I dont know about you, but I will update the universities and programs after winter intersession and after spring semester (well I am taking a 6 week class in spring so I can get my final, FINAL transcripts sooner).
As I said, it is up to you, but I am not going to take the chance though! My GPA is still raising with every A I get now and so I could use that to my advantage. Maybe it shows you want to attend more?
The only school that hasnt asked for transcripts is CSULB and that is pretty dumb, especially if people lie on their university application about their GPA or missing the "golden four." Only way to verify a application is to compare the information put forth on the transcripts but if you dont want transcripts then whatever I guess.
- Jan 21, '12 by SpiffynessHmm, I haven't sent any transcripts at all to the admissions office though. I'm confused, are we supposed to send one transcript both to the admissions office and one to the school of nursing? I only sent my Fall 2011 grades to the school of nursing, and 0 transcripts to admissions
- Oh well update the university! They should be in the 'in' like the program.Call them. I'm pretty sure.