College of the Canyons Spring 2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on College of the Canyons Spring 2013 in California State Nursing Programs, part of California Nursing ... I just received an invitation from COC to take my Teas Test on September 28th. Does anybody know...by Jcal84 Sep 19, '12I just received an invitation from COC to take my Teas Test on September 28th. Does anybody know if they invite all applicants or only some applicants? If I pass the test does that mean that I am in? Also, any advice is greatly appreciated!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=787091©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,471 Views
I also applied to coc for sp2013 and have not received an invitation for the teas (hopefully I do). I believe if u pass the teas from there they select based on lottery.
- Sep 20, '12 by Jcal84Have you check your student email? I received the invitation yesterday afternoon.
- Sep 20, '12 by JustBeachyNursemoved thread to CA State Nursing Program Forum
- congrats your one step closer . I checked my email and I didn't make it .
- Sep 20, '12 by Jcal84Thank you! I'm sorry to hear you didn't make it Did they tell you why? Also, did you apply anywhere else? I also applied to AVC but that has a waiting list.
- Quote from Jcal84Yes they told me I didn't do the Rn evaluation by the deadline and my application was incomplete I did do the evaluation on time I forward them a email they send me when I submitted and I don't know what I missed on the application. I also applied to Glendale, Pasadena, lavc, and I still have to apply to lacc.Thank you! I'm sorry to hear you didn't make it Did they tell you why? Also, did you apply anywhere else? I also applied to AVC but that has a waiting list.
- Sep 20, '12 by 2dawnI was hoping to get into the LVN to RN transition program but received an email yesterday that stated that I qualified to move forward in the application process, however, there were not enough qualified applicants and they will not offer the Transitions into Nursing course this year. They only take applications for LVN to RN once a year so I won't be able to apply again until August 2013.
Anyone else in the same boat?
Jcal84 - It's my understanding that all applicants who qualify are invited to take the TEAS V test. At the information session I attended they said that scores from the test are weighted more heavily than anything else. After you take the test they will rank everyone and decide who will get in. I've been studying for the TEAS for weeks thinking I would be taking it. The most helpful resources I've found are the TEAS V study guide by ATI and brightstorm.com videos. I used the study guide to figure out which videos I should watch. You can watch the videos for free for three days and after that I think it was $30.
Congrats to everyone who got invited to take the test!