Cal State East Bay fall of 2012 - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 18, '11 by PishiKatQuote from seashelleyesI plan on applying to East Bay for Fall 2012. The deadline is getting closer!
I was actually wondering about the differences between the Hayward and Concord campuses. I live south of San Jose, so I wouldn't be able to commute to either city. What are some of the reasons you guys prefer one campus over the other?Quote from seashelleyeshopefully we will all be classmatesAccording to the nursing website, you should be fine to apply for Fall 2012 because you'll be finished by the end of this semester. They'll take your final grades for those classes into account because you have to send in your transcripts by February 12.
- Dec 7, '11 by EllTee2BJust so you guys know, the biggest difference between the Concord and Hayward campuses is that the Concord program is one quarter shorter. At the Concord campus the nursing program will have classes during one of the summers. If you go to the hayward campus you will get all summers off.
- Jan 27, '12 by ella.mooreHey, does anyone know the specifics on how they award points for work experience? Like... is it all or nothing?
I have a year of CNA experience, but definitely not at 50% time. That would mean I would have to work 3 shifts a week... so about 25 hours per week. I know people do it, but as a full time student with tough science courses, I found that to be not an option. Plus at my work it is hard to get consistent hours. So I only averaged at about 1 shift per week over the past year. I know I won't get the full 5 points, but do I get ANY points for work experience? Or just zero??
- Mar 13, '12 by poriferaHi ella.moore! It says on the requirements that it will be counted as "5 points - for the equivalent of at least 6 months full-time or 1 year part-time paid employment in a health care setting providing direct patient care. "
I think they would give you points for that because you worked as a CNA for 1 year and you were pretty much a part time CNA. I would call the CSUEB Nursing department just to clarify.Last edit by porifera on Mar 13, '12 : Reason: ..
- Apr 1, '12 by AvillHi all!
Has anyone heard from CSUEB yet?
- Apr 4, '12 by EllTee2BNot yet, but looking at past threads from previous years the release date seems to be April 20th or 21st
- Apr 16, '12 by inspaceI called the nursing department today and they told me they are going to try and send out admission decisions by this Wednesday! Everybody please post when you find out...
- Apr 18, '12 by 1waitingpatientlyAnyone get an email?
- Apr 18, '12 by inspaceNot yet. I'm telling myself they may take a day or two longer then they told me. I keep checking anyways!!!! Do you think it will come in our CSU East Bay email or our regular email?
- Apr 18, '12 by 1waitingpatientlyI am not sure. I got the reminders for the program in my regular email, but MyCSUEB has my preferred email as the Horizon email? If the same person who sent out the reminders is also sending out the notifications then it will be regular e-mail.