APU Applicants for 2013Register Today!
- by jsimpsonlee03 Mar 23, '12Ok, So can someone give me the run down of how long it takes after the deadline to hear something? The deadline ended March 1st and I want to know when I should start hearing something back?!?!?!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=689456©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 961 Views
- May 9, '12 by kimmayfangGood luck to you, jsimpsonlee03. I hope you get in. I got an email and phone call earlier today and I was accepted to the IE campus. However, I got accepted for the Summer cohort even though I applied for the Spring. I don't think I can wait an entire year for my top choice program.
- May 9, '12 by jsimpsonlee03Congrats!!!! This wait is a killer! If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?
- May 9, '12 by kimmayfangI have A's in all my sciences, and 2 A's and the rest B's in my nonsciences. I had a 3.17 undergrad GPA because I really didn't care at the time. I took my sciences after I graduated, so that's why my science grades aren't reflected in my undergrad GPA. I used to be a teacher, so I let them know that I am familiar with intense, time-consuming programs. My recommendations were from a principal at the old school I used to teach at, and the others were from my science professors. Hope this helps.
- May 10, '12 by jsimpsonlee03Quote from kimmayfangThanks Kimmayfang!I have A's in all my sciences, and 2 A's and the rest B's in my nonsciences. I had a 3.17 undergrad GPA because I really didn't care at the time. I took my sciences after I graduated, so that's why my science grades aren't reflected in my undergrad GPA. I used to be a teacher, so I let them know that I am familiar with intense, time-consuming programs. My recommendations were from a principal at the old school I used to teach at, and the others were from my science professors. Hope this helps.
Right now my cum gpa is 3.2...my undergrad gpa was a 3.025...my pre-reqs are mostly all Bs and I can't retake them =( And my non-science are As and Bs. I didn't get in. They said my science gpa was too low but that's because they didn't include the classes from the MISSING pages of my transcript! I sent over the pages that were missing but they never included that in my application. They are going to go over it but the only thing I can do is try again I guess! I also volunteer 21 hrs a week at a blood bank as well as being in school full time AND a single mom!
- May 17, '12 by Lilfoot720jsimpsonlee03,
Who did you talk to regarding your low science GPA? I applied for Spring 2013 and received a letter stating I was denied admission. I emailed -------- to ask her how I can improve my application and she told me I had a low science GPA due to my low grade in my Human Anatomy course that I took 5+ years ago. I told her that I retook the course last year and received an A in the course and she said she would talk to an admission counselor about this issue. A few days later she got back to me and said I was admitted for Spring 2013. I would say definitely keep in touch with --------. She was extremely helpful and followed through with my problem.Last edit by dianah on May 17, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names/identifiers
- Jun 3, '12 by jsimpsonlee03That's the thing. I DID call and ask to reconsider because I retook Anatomy and I got an A as well and she said ----------- said she stands by her decision and ------ kept telling me that even qualified applicants weren't admitted and that there was nothing bad in the notes and that I can always reapply and that they take off points if I have to retake it. Idk I don't think they looked at it again and didn't want to take a second look for whatever reason. It broke my heart the first time learning I Didn't get in from a mistake on their part but to have it "looked at again" and still they couldn't give me a real reason other than my
Sci gpa was low but that was because they were missing pages and THEN getting the rejection letter. Idk it just really stinks especially when so many people got in and got earlier spotsLast edit by dianah on Jun 4, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names/identifiers
- Nov 3, '12 by hilda_saldanaUgh, I am on the same boat. I have all B's as well on my pre-reqs. I don't think I will get in either. Did you try applying somewhere else? : ))