Anyone go to LA Trade Tech College?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Anyone go to LA Trade Tech College? in California State Nursing Programs, part of California Nursing ... Anyone here in the nursing program at LATTC? Just wondering if anyone could review it for me, i've...by getterod Oct 30, '12Anyone here in the nursing program at LATTC? Just wondering if anyone could review it for me, i've heard a couple of mixed reviews on it and I know that the passing rates have not been too high over the last couple of years but they are on the rise. Any input is appeciated! Thanks.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=795115©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 609 Views
- Nov 1, '12 by zoe3I got in to LATTC for Fall '13. I was reluctant to apply there at first because I heard the same negative reviews. However, I did hear that they're are essentially "cleaning up" their program which is reflected in their rise in pass rates. I can only be optimistic at this point. LAHC is my first choice, but I some people already received their invite for Harbor today and I didn't. But it's okay, I'm thankful to have gotten in somewhere.
- Nov 3, '12 by justinpark09Quote from getterodAnyone here in the nursing program at LATTC? Just wondering if anyone could review it for me, i've heard a couple of mixed reviews on it and I know that the passing rates have not been too high over the last couple of years but they are on the rise. Any input is appeciated! Thanks.
They closed the old program. Last couple of years, rate of passing is 90%, last year 100%. Nursing Program at LATTC is NO JOKE. I meant it @@@ Next semester they say passing score for nursing class will be 77% (instead of 75), just to get a C, and pass.
Everything is new at LATTC nursing program. Building, classroom, equipment, Computer lab... They start to have a long waiting list now.
Good luck !
- Jan 18 by lvnreadyforrnzoe3,
how was nrsng 135 (the prereq you have to take before entering the program)? Can you take it over the summer and how long is the class? Sorry so many questions but they have no info on their website about the class. Any help would be much appreciated.
- Jan 18 by zoe3I'm sorry, I'm not sure what that class is as I didn't do the bridge LVN-RN program. Looks like that only applies to LVN's and that it's the last class that should be taken after all the other prerequisite have been completed.
Maybe you'll have some useful information there. I really encourage you to go down there (you can try calling, but it's hard to get a hold of that department) and make an appointment with Deborah, she's the counselor that takes care of a majority of the nursing applicants and will be more informative than most of the others in that department. If they try to schedule you with someone else, don't. Just trust me, I've learned from my experience and them giving me the run-around. Some of the other counselors and staff have misinformed me as well, so stick to Deborah. Also, make sure you're registered as a student, otherwise they won't see you.
Good luck with everything Sorry I wasn't able to help you out.
- Jan 19 by lvnreadyforrnzoe3,
No, thank you. You have helped me a lot. I will definitely go there and pay Deborah a visit.
Quick question, when you turned in your transcripts for prereqs, did they ask you for a class description? The reason I ask is because 2 of my science classes were online but they are 4 units each. The instructor looked on via webcam as we complete the labs.Last edit by lvnreadyforrn on Jan 19 : Reason: needed to put more info