Anyone else waiting to hear from San Diego State University?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Anyone else waiting to hear from San Diego State University? in California State Nursing Programs, part of California Nursing ... So April 15th has come and gone. Now we sit and wait. I know that letters won't start coming out...by Coriander Apr 17, '09So April 15th has come and gone. Now we sit and wait. I know that letters won't start coming out until June, right?
I will admit that I'm nervous - I worry about my GPA not being good enough because of the utter failure I was when I first attended college 17 years ago. I've pulled a 3.91 GPA at the college I attend now, and have a 2.92 cumulative between the two colleges (like I said, failure.)
I scored a 92% on the TEAS and am doing well in the pre-reqs, except for Psychology. I won't receive points for that one since I had a C- way back when. I am retaking that this summer in order to raise my GPA.
Any other thoughts? How are you feeling? What is your history?
Good luck and blessings to all It's a pleasure to be a member of this forum.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=385439©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 19,600 Views
- Apr 21, '09 by MyNameRNHi! I'm waiting to hear back from SDSU School of Nursing as well. I am a transfer student with a 3.11 cumulative GPA--but my sciences are 3.8. I got a 90% on the TEAS.
I hear that we won't actually hear from them until July 15th because they have to wait for all students' final Spring grades before they can even admit/deny applicants. I'm feeling pretty anxious too... and I'm so hyped that I got accepted to the university. I finished every prereq, so I've been sitting out this semester...no school for me until I get to nursing school!
- Apr 21, '09 by craziechiqI am crazy nervous. SDSU is the school I really want. I can't believe July 15th!!! Well I thought they said they would give out preliminary acceptances, wouldn't that be in June? I have a 3.4 i think for cum...and I think 3.3 or something in pre reqs but both those should go up after this semester. I also got an 86.5% on the TEAS. I'm taking five classes at the moment all for this school, so I really really hope I get accepted. Did any one hear how many are applying? I heard from a friend of a friend that it was like 700 applicants, which is insane!
- Apr 21, '09 by MyNameRNYeah I heard that it's 700 applicants, which is double the normal # of applicants every semester. That's mainly due to the fact that transfer students are applying ahead of time, with intentions of rolling over to Spring 2010 semester because the university is not taking Spring applications.
- Apr 21, '09 by CorianderHoly cow - 700 students! That blows my mind to even think of it.
I'm so glad to read more responses We have a long 3 months to wait then!
I look forward to talking with you all more as we drum our fingernails on the desks lol.
- Apr 22, '09 by missngingerWhen I called the administrative assistant, she did say they had to go through about 700 applications. I'm anxious and nervous too. How many points did get for the points system? I was able to get 71 and I hope that I make the cut.
- Apr 22, '09 by MyNameRNI have 74 points.
- Apr 23, '09 by craziechiqanybody know what the cutoff is?
- Apr 29, '09 by nondelicacyHello everyone I'm also waiting for SDSU too. For the those who are using the Fall 08 point system, the cutoff is usually at 66 but I think because of such a high number of applicants applying for the fall semester, the cutoff points will likely go up. Also, there are some people that are using the new fall 09 point systems, so who knows... it's all so confusing!
- Apr 29, '09 by craziechiqI don't know I am just confused. I guess I will just find out when they send out the letters because I'm using the 09 system so I'm not sure if the points are different or what and how others are calculating theirs.