Anyone else applied to Samuel Merritt University Spring 2013 BSN program? - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 28, '12 by RachelynnWow I'm starting to get nervous now that I know all of you guys have applied and your all really good candidates. Does anyone know about how many transfer applications there are that they are choosing from? Not counting ones that don't have the minimum requirements. I heard from a counselor that there are around 20 spots for transfers in the spring so I'm just wondering what that 20 is out of.. 60? 100? 200? Let me know if you have any idea!
- Oct 28, '12 by RachelynnI was told we would hear the second week of November! You sound like a great candidate I would be worried
- Oct 29, '12 by Rachelynnwouldnt * woops!!
- Oct 29, '12 by sakaOnly 20? That made me even more nervous But i don't think they have a lot of students that applied because they were accepting applications 2 weeks after deadline. If they had enough students they would have probably stop accepting apps (that's what i am guessing). On their website it says that they accept more student for spring compared to fall and if you see the statistics on their website, they accepted 64 students for fall 2011. And it also says that generally they have 60 seats but i actually have no clue how many of those are for transfer students from other community college.
- Oct 29, '12 by sakaI think you have pretty good GPA as well Rachelynn, I don't think you should worry but then again that's easy said then done I am more anxious abut the wait actually. Hope we hear back soon.
- Oct 30, '12 by RachelynnSorry if I scared you !! I am not sure if those statistics online were of every applicant or just transfers. Does anyone know? I sure hope more than 20 transfers get in because I'm guessing there are at least 100 transfer applicants. At least.
- Nov 4, '12 by MarykdarlingHey girls (I'm assuming!!) Someone asked me for my stats, and I posed it before, but I'll post it again.
3.8 GPA overall, 3.25 in the sciences if we count Chemistry, 70 on the TEAS (OUUUCCHH). 5 years of 911 experience on an ambulance as an EMT, letter of recommendation from A&P Professor & Boss at work. Currently 5 classes in progress -- this may hurt me as well.
From what I understand, they have the full 60 spots open in the spring. It is only in the fall they have very limited seating because priority goes to the transfer students. That's why an SMU counselor told me to apply in the spring, even though I had so many classes in progress, since there are so many spots open.
Nov 4th -- has anyone heard anything?? I never received the first e-mail, but I called SMU & they said they did receive my application and it was under review.
Hope that helps!!
EDIT: Someone else asked how much they weigh the TEAS/GPA.. From what I understand, they take so many factors into consideration, so just because you may have one poor area does not mean they won't accept you. They are truly looking for well rounded students.
- Nov 4, '12 by Rachelynn6o spots? Before they accept the partners school applicants but I wa told only about 20 for transfers. If more tho then great! Haven't heard anything yet
- Nov 5, '12 by MarykdarlingI was told students only transfer in the fall, not the spring. Did I misunderstand? :-/
- Nov 5, '12 by RachelynnSome do transfer in spring but not as many so there are more spots for us, but not the full 60.