Anyone else applied to Samuel Merritt University Spring 2013 BSN program? - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 17, '12 by StacyMarie982Hello all
I currently have pending applications with Samuel Merritt for BSN Spring 2013, ABSN Fall 2012, ABSN Spring 2013, and am working on my ELMSN Spring 2013 app SMU is where I want to be! I've heard that TEAS really aren't a factor, they are looking for the well rounded candidate: decent grades, excellent writing skills, good letters of rec and community involvement. Best of luck to all of you!!!!!
- Oct 17, '12 by RachelynnThanks CaliRN! When do you think we will be hearing guys?
- Oct 19, '12 by hlr7Hi Rachelynn,
I received an email from Samuel Merritt stating they received my application. In the email, they said they wouldn't know anything until after the first week of November. So I'm assuming we might start hearing back from them sometime between mid to the end of November.
- Oct 21, '12 by RachelynnYea got that email as well but Im thinking it may even be the first week cause on other threads of previous applicants they found out like November 2. So who knows!
- Oct 21, '12 by blacksheep45Hey Rachelynn,
I think you're a strong candidate; your TEAS score is pretty good and I think the essay is important.. so if you think you did well on it then it sounds like you're competitive. I've talked to an admission counselor a couple of times and she seems very stern on the fact that letters will be sent out the first week of November.. unlike USF which seems to send out letter of acceptance/denial over a very long time that almost always fluctuates each semester.
But anyway.. different discussion.. I've applied to USF, SMU, SJSU, and Gonzaga in Washington.. I'm so torn between all of them. I don't know where I'm gunna go if I get accepted to them. Between USF and SMU they're in the same price range but SMU is 2 years and USF seems to be between 3-3.5 years... which is reallllllly long and expensive. SJSU is 3 years and a bit cheaper but I've lived in the south bay my whole life and wanna get out... Gonzaga is 2 years, cheaper than SMU, but I feel like it's gunna be impossible to get a job from out of state if I wanna come back to Cali..
What do you guys think?? haha I just need advice! I'll accept any input!
- Oct 23, '12 by RachelynnI guess it depends on what is most important to you.. Time or money? If you want to end up living here and getting a job relatively fast in the bay area going out of state probably isn't the best option. That's just my opinion. Good luck
- Oct 24, '12 by RachelynnHow many letters of recommendation did everyone submit? I submitted just one because that's what they asked for but I'm sure having 2 or 3 would have been good. I'm a little nervous about my letter because I got it from my instructor for the CNA course I took. Although she is a nurse practitioner , the course was only 8 weeks so I didn't know her very long. Tell me about your letters and let me know what you think !
- Oct 25, '12 by MarykdarlingHey ladies. I called SMU and they said they received my application, but I never got an e-mail - I wonder why.
I sent two letters of recommendation, one from my Anatomy & Physiology professor (I had him for both semesters) and one from my boss. (I work for a private, 911 ambulance company as an EMT).
It sounds like SMU would be lucky to have ANY of you ladies! It sounds like everyone here is very motivated and would make an awesome nurse... Good luck and let's keep each other update!
- Oct 27, '12 by RachelynnThanks Marykdarling! What is your pre req GPA an teas score if you dont mind me asking?
- Oct 28, '12 by sakaHi everyone! Little late to the post but i have also applied for the spring 2013 BSN program at Samuel Merritt. My overall GPA is 3.6, Science GPA is 3.2 and TEAS score of 84.7. That was my first attempt and decided to take it once only. I currently have one class in progress which i will finish by Dec 14. Currently, i am enrolled in a medical assistant program and my MA professor wrote me a reference letter. I also tutor kids as a volunteer and had another reference letter from there. I am really anxious because of the wait and i hope they will let us know before Nov 30 because that way we can still apply to all the CSU's. Does anyone if the selection is based more on GPA or the reference letters and the essays?