Advice on which school to go to??Register Today!
This is a discussion on Advice on which school to go to?? in California State Nursing Programs, part of California Nursing ... Hi! Does anyone know which is the better nursing school out of these? (meaning which offers...by socalprenurse08 Oct 27, '12Hi!
Does anyone know which is the better nursing school out of these? (meaning which offers better opportunities to their graduate)
West Coast University
CSU San Marcos
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=794645©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 646 Views
- Stay away from WCU I've heard bad things on top of there high tuition atleast the LA campus!!! That school is strictly for profit. I've heard mixed reviews about national university but I plan on applying there to their CRNA program in the future. I'm not sure about the other schools
- Also a lot of grad schools won't accept WCU degrees
- Oct 30, '12 by socalprenurse08Okay thanks for the advice! I def don't want to apply to it if I can't pursue a grad program later...
- Yea I found out because I asked the grad schools I wanted to go to and they said they wouldn't. So it just takes a little research. Also there are diff threads u can go into from other members that have commented on the schools. That's what helped me d
- Decide on my school
- Dec 29, '12 by Enthused_Nurse2BSorry old thread but I thought I would reply anyways ... CSU San Marcos and SMU are highly regarded. I I hear positive things from the nurses on the floor at my clinicals about CSUSM. I also heard that Palomar Medical Center (magnet hospital) mostly hires CSUSM and Palomar College graduates.
SMU is well-regarded in the bay area and Sacramento area. I haven't heard much about National but I've seen their students around at the hospitals I have clinicals from time to time. I like their blue uniforms but I haven't heard anything about the quality of their program - that's not to say that it's a good or bad program.
I have heard nothing but bad things about WCU.
- Dec 29, '12 by socalprenurse08Thank you guys!!! This really helps!
- Dec 29, '12 by Topher53UT health science center Houston has a 98% pass rate on the nursing exam!