Wishing to work in California, from another state - Page 15Register Today!
- Dec 19, '09 by YayamayaWhere does one get the fingerprinting done? Does the fingerprinting card come with the application or how is that obtained?
- Dec 28, '09 by RNcorazonI went to LA to do my fingerprints last month. you can go to any office from the list the boards have online. I picked one that was very closed to LAX (airport). The trip was fun but i couldn't stay to complete the process and go to sacramento for the actual license. On my understanding, Once you have completed the live scan, and the nursing verification. one can just go to the office in Sacramento and apply for the a temp license.
- Dec 28, '09 by juan de la cruzQuote from YayamayaThe fingerprint cards come with instructions. The BRN website also gives you some info about how to go about comleting the fingerprint requirement (http://www.rn.ca.gov/applicants/fpinstruct.shtml#manual). I endorsed from a state that does not use Live Scan, hence, I requested for fingerprint cards from CA BRN. There is a company that is authorized to have manual fingerprints done in my home state and I found them through a local law enforcement office. There is a charge for this service. You may have to do the same thing I did.Where does one get the fingerprinting done? Does the fingerprinting card come with the application or how is that obtained?
- Jan 12, '10 by bahamabreadI will be moving to Ca from Tx. I am new to all of this. When I had my RN from NM, and I applied to Tx, I was not aware that my NM license was only good for a certain amnt of time after I applied. It was a mess and I actually got suspended for a time until my Tx license came through. Is it true that I can go ahead and apply for my Ca license and still have my Tx one current at the same time? So basically I can hold the both valid licenses?
- Feb 10, '10 by fran86can a ec grad work in ca corrections?
- Mar 5, '10 by YayamayaSuzanne
The fingerprinting has to be done in California?
Other than that the remainder of the paperwork can be done from the 'original' state?
Do you know if they require a California address?
I am struggling trying to get answers as the board has not responded to emails and I can't get through when I call
- Mar 8, '10 by CA_5677How do you go about finding out if your out of state school nursing program is approved by the state of California?
- Mar 16, '10 by YayamayaI have requested a fingerprint card in the mail over 2 weeks ago and have not yet received it...did anyone have similar experience?
- Mar 17, '10 by newtressCurious, you are trying to endorse your license from your home state to Cali for a Cali license? You are requesting a fingerprint card from the Cal State Board? I just finished the process of endorsing my license to Cali. It took me 2.5 months. I went to my local police dept, and for twenty dollars had 2 hard card fingerprints done which I included and sent with the preliminary application paperwork I downloaded directly from the board website. My total experience with their state board is that it takes a long time for anything you send to them to correspond back with you. I actually went to the state board office in person while I was out there visiting for the Xmas holidays and man let me tell you, they are severely understaffed, are furloughed several fridays a month and they claimed they never received a lot of my stuff and I had to resubmit paperwork again. So it doesn't surprise me that you haven't heard from them in a while. I personally would suggest just getting your own fingerprint cards done where you live and just send them to them with your paperwork.
- Mar 17, '10 by YayamayaThanks for your response! New grad from CO, moving to CA. That is a great suggestion, I will go to the local police dept and get the fingerprint cards from them. I was unsure whether CA would accept them. I appreciate your heads up.