What are the average point value in getting into grossmont or san diego city college?
- 0Jan 22, '13 by DinaLinHello everyone! I have been overly obessed on the thought of getting accepted into a nursing program. I need to figure out what everyone received in points- based on the point system grid, so I can judge where I stand at currently. How many points did you receive to get accepted into these nursing programs?
I am looking to apply this July for spring 2014 program. I only have one class left (microbio) and I need to take the TEAS exam(which I have been studying for a couple of months now), which I plan on taking in June.
I am estimating, if i get an A in microbiology--I will have a score of 3.77 on the prereq (B+ in anatomy,A in physiology and A in microbiology)
-3.86 in the "fixed set" (A in everything but sociology=B+)
-10 points forallied health certificatiion & work experience
-4 points for hardship point (i.e military,1st gen,need to work etc.)
-TEAS V-- guestimating 35-40 points----knock on wood!
Overall, my total points that I am looking at is between 77-82pts. Please help me and let me know if I have any hope in getting in with this or things I should do? Thank you so much for your time with this! As most of you know, this stuff is stressful--it is to the point that I am getting gray hairs and I am only 25!
Thanks again :-)
- 0Jul 19, '13 by adele82I am applying to the same cohort as you are actually. Taking my TEAS next week, yeah cutting it close. My points will actually be between 73-78 depending on my TEAS so I'm curious too and the omarsraver makes me feel like I'm not going to get in. If I don't get in then I'm going to take O Chem and apply to SDSU, which I feel like I would get into because I will have 1000 hours of CNA work by Jan next year and I can take the TEAS a second time. Did you already turn in your nursing packet? We should keep each other posted.
- 0Aug 26, '13 by DinaLinHey! Sorry that it took me forever to reply! So this weekend I finally took the TEAS exam and I definitely messed up on it. My overall score is 73%. I am so embarrassed and devastated. I thought I was going to get a score of at least 80%. If you have not taken the TEAS exam, then my best advice is to watch your time! I did really well on the math, science and grammar sections, but the reading was were it bit me real hard. I didn't finish that section and guessed on maybe 15 questions. It was horrible. Anyways, now I am screwed to say the least. I did not apply for Grossmont because one of my science pre reqs was taken online (micro). So now I am applying for Mira Costa, San Diego City, Santa Ana, and San Bernardino. I just want to get into a nursing program, but it seems impossible. If I don't get into a Nursing Program then I am doing the same thing as you; I am going to take O Chem and apply for a BSN. Why does this have to be sooooo freaking tough! Please keep me updated with your progress. I really hope you are having better luck :-)
- 0Aug 31, '13 by MoiredgirlHello,
Anyone in here or reading received an acceptance email from Grossmont college yet? I applied this July 2013 for the Spring 2014 cohort. Adele82, did you end up applying for last month (July) application period? Jessicabondurant21 are you planning on applying? I will estimate my points and let you know as soon as possible. Goodluck DinaLin! I know exactly what you're going through. You can do it!
- 0Sep 2, '13 by MoiredgirlYes, long2beanurse, right after my above post I checked my email, and sure enough, there was an acceptance letter from GC. Boyyy was I grateful to the Lord. I had no plan B,C....whatsoever. Assuming there are other GC student in the NP visiting this forum, beside orientation in "November" what's next? What can one do to prepare for the first semester or the whole NP in general? I hope to hear from y'all soon. Thanks