West Coast University Nursing Program Questions, Please Help!
- 0Apr 28, '09 by j-lynhi!
i am from hawaii and really interested in transferring to wcu asap. i've taken majority of all the pre-reqs but not sure if the pre-reqs i've taken here are equivalent to the classes at wcu. so, if anyone knows if there's a credit transfer database or website that can tell me what classes are equivalent to wcu. any additional information is helpful too. i've spoken to a counselor and she was nice but demanded that i find all information on the website. unfortunetly, i am all the way here in hawaii and cannot go to anaheim until this summer and wanted to know more information before i go. i hope someone can help me or provide me with some kind of information.
- 1Apr 29, '09 by piinkkYes.. you can transfer their pre reqs. here they are:
oral communication (speech)
college math (math 101)
life span psychology
written communication 2
all of that would be 3 semesters (6 terms). and after those you would start the nursing classes. there are a total of 8 semesters, and this is for the BSN program. if you have any other questions askk.. im starting my classes this summer!
- 0May 2, '09 by j-lynhey thanks for replying. I actually do have more questions, and I hope you can help me with them
- Is there a resident and nonresident tuiton, & if there is what are they? how much is it per credit?
-if you do not mind me asking, how much are you paying for a semester?
- after taking all of the general education classes, how long after will it take to finish up the program (in years)?
- what apartments/housings would be safe, affordable, & close by the campus?
-overall, in your opinion, would you recommend and would you say that this is a good, bad, etc. school to attend?
thanks for all your help!
hope to hear from you soon
congrats on starting the program! (^_^)
- 0May 2, '09 by piinkkno problem!!
well im not sure about the resident & nonresident tuition, but it is about $9,000 per semester considering your a full time student and $6,000 per semester if you are half time.
I'm not sure but I think i'm paying $5,000 per semester because I received financial aid and pell grant..
I'm going for the BSN program for RN so i'm not sure which one your going for, but mine takes 39 months (a little over 3 years) including the prerequisites which is 8 semesters (16 terms) but if you take all there pre req's at a community college, you'll be going for 5 semesters. in my case i took the classes my school had so now when i start in june, ill be going for 6 semesters.
i cant answer your question on housing cause i'm going to the LA campus..
i've done a lot of research on the school before applying and most of the comments have been great! i havent heard any complaints (besides a couple saying its too much) but that depends on the person. the people at the campus seem very nice and helpfull.
hope i was a help!!
- 0Jul 4, '09 by krizyranne18hello piinkk
are you in the bsn program now? im planning on going there too (wcu los angeles) but im trying to finish all my prereqs at mtsac so that it will lower down my tuition,,,, i cant find cultural pluralism at mtsac, do you know what might be the other term for it? maybe cultural anthropology/...?>??
- 0Jul 5, '09 by piinkkYah im in the BSN program now and im starting my bio chem class this august.. as far as the cultural pluralism class, I couldnt find it at colleges around me so im just going to take it at West Coast. Also, I couldnt find pathophysiology and biochem. So i basically have those to take at west coast and in february I'll be starting my nursing classes. By the way im going to the LA campus too.. but they're moving to North Hollywood this month i think.
- 0Jul 7, '09 by elacer08Hello
I had a few questions myself and was wondering if anyone could help me answer them. I am currently debating whether or not I should attend WCU in LA. I have went to the orientation and heard many wonderful things about them but I to hear the bad things. Can anyone tell me why they have chosen WCU and PINK if so can you tell me how some of the classes are going I need to take the biochem cultural plur and pathophysiology too. I have done all other pre recs so would you happen to know how much it might be like 75K ? Thanks so much!
- 0Jul 8, '09 by krizyranne18Quote from piinkkyah thats what i heard, they are moving this fall in north hollywood.. as of the classes, hows your experiece there nw?Yah im in the BSN program now and im starting my bio chem class this august.. as far as the cultural pluralism class, I couldnt find it at colleges around me so im just going to take it at West Coast. Also, I couldnt find pathophysiology and biochem. So i basically have those to take at west coast and in february I'll be starting my nursing classes. By the way im going to the LA campus too.. but they're moving to North Hollywood this month i think.
- 1Jul 8, '09 by piinkkI haven't taken any classes at WCU yet, I'm gonna be taking the rest of my pre reqs that colleges didnt offer starting august 31st. Um.. I chose this school because I didn't want to wait every sememster and see if i got into the nursing programs at colleges. I rather know I'll be starting and finishing FAST! I have no patience hehe... but yah.. I was deciding on either mount st. marrys or WCU and i guess i just like WCU better. But i'm really looking foreward to starting my classes next month! I'll keep you guys updated on how their classes are.. the teachers and so forth!