USD MEPN App 2012 - Fall Class of 2011 Stats - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 5, '12 by christy17Hi imagine12,
I called and she asked me to send an email as well. I did receive an email confirmation of my RSVP today. I look forward to meeting you all in February and hopefully we'll all be classmates next fall!
Have any of you started preparing for the interview? I don't really know where to start. I know "why" I want to be a nurse and what has gotten me to that decision, but I feel like I should be prepared for more... I'm just not sure what.
Good luck to all!
- Jan 6, '12 by Medic2RNMoved to California nursing programs.
- Jan 10, '12 by nfigueroa4How's it going everyone? I also applied to USD and a couple of other programs, but USD is by far my number 1 choice.
received an email today that went into some details on what's happening on February 16th and 17th. I'm sure everyone else has seen it, but for those who haven't, the 16th is basically registration, orientation, info sessions, and a reception. The 17th is when the actual interviews take place from 10 AM - 3:30 PM, as well as a tour of their sim and standardized lab. I'm guessing they're doing it a bit different this year compared to previous years; I found a topic that said one day is a group interview, while the next is an individual interview. I'm not sure if they're planning on doing 2 interviews or just 1.
I'm sure we'll be getting more info as the date comes closer, but if anyone has more info, please share
I look forward to meeting you all in February, and wish us all the best of luck!
- Jan 10, '12 by AntRoI got the email from -------- as well explaining the sequence of events for February 16 & 17. I like the format proposed in the email because hopefully the non-interview events scheduled for the 16th will alleviate some anxiety for the interviews on Friday. I did read about the group interviews and individual interviews on this site and based on the recent email I assume both interviews will be conducted on the 17th.
I'm very excited. See you all in February.
p.s. I live in San Diego. Does anyone else live in SD?Last edit by dianah on Jan 10, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names
- Jan 11, '12 by nfigueroa4I agree AntRo, I think having a day to meet the staff, professors, and all the applicants will help. According to the other forums, they invite around 100 to interview accept 50 people.
I also live in SD, currently a student at SDSU
- Jan 11, '12 by USD2012Hi everyone, I live in San Diego too! I was so excited to receive the email.. now I'm stressed and excited at the same time. I dashed to my wardrobe to look for clothes for the interview!! Can't wait to meet all of you in February.
- Jan 20, '12 by BriordanHey Christy17,
I feel the same way, I have been trying to prepare for the interview but feel kind of lost as I do not know what to expect. I feel that preparing like I would for a standard interview is not the same. Why you want to be a nurse is an obvious question they will probably ask, as well as why choose USD?
See you next month!
- Jan 22, '12 by katiej815Hey guys,
I live in NYC and I'm not able to fly out for the interview. I was told they offer skype interviews to out-of-state applicants. I am a little nervous that it will put me at a disadvantage because they can't really get to know you over skype, but it seems kind of crazy to fly across the country for an interview. Does anyone know of anyone else who is doing a skype interview, or have any of you heard of this before? Any input on this would be great.
Also...does anyone know the percentage of applicants who get interviews/percentage of those who are offered spots? I'm sure it somewhere in this thread but the info is hard to find.
- Jan 22, '12 by nfigueroa4I've never heard of a skype interview, but that's pretty kind of them to offer that for out of state applicants.
as for the percentage of applicants accepted, I've read that they invite 100 applicants to interview and accept 50. This number was from past years, so I'm not sure if it has changed or not.
- Feb 5, '12 by soxyAaarrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!