UCSD New Grad (FMCC/NICU/Perinatal Program) 2013Register Today!
- by NurseMandoCommando Dec 1, '12Hi, everyone! I am starting this thread to see if anyone out there has applied to- and possibly interviewed with- UCSD earlier in November for their new grad perinatal program (or for another program if you would like to share too). I applied and had an interview earlier this week and am trying my best to wait patiently, but knowing I'm not waiting alone would be nice
- Dec 3, '12 by jyloHi! I applied to the program! and my interview is next Monday! Any tips? How many people were in the panel? Thanks!!
- Dec 3, '12 by thebushiesHi! I applied and my interview was last Monday (1 week ago) and just got an email today for my references. Hope to hear soon!
- Dec 3, '12 by thebushiesI had 4 people on my panel!
- Dec 3, '12 by daisy36I have an interview on Friday. Do you guys know how many they're hiring and how many they're interviewing?And thebushies, are the references like for places you've worked/volunteered references or like for people who will put in a good word for you references? Thanks!
- Dec 3, '12 by daisy36And did you guys focus more on the unit you applied for or are interested in during the interview? Because I'm interested in the nicu
- Dec 4, '12 by NurseMandoCommandoI had 8 people on my panel. The references are for professional references (like those you've worked with that can vouch for you). I interviewed last Tuesday and haven't heard anything yet (eeeek!). I mostly spoke about L&D as that is where my preceptorship was and that is my ideal unit to be in (we did talk about NICU and PP a bit too).
If you don't mind me asking, what are you guys' backgrounds? If this doesn't end up coming through for me, I may have to resort to moving- I'm coming to the end of my hope-and-patience rope so I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do to up my chances for a job in SD, my fiance has a wonderful job here so I'd really like to avoid moving. I graduated last fall with a BSN, have ACLS and NRP, precepted in L&D, am a member of AWHONN, took the maternal newborn class...
- Dec 4, '12 by thebushiesI had a preceptorship in NICU and at a Women's Center which included L&D, Triage, and antepartum. I did a leadership rotation on a postpartum unit. In addition, I have all my certs, took the MNNC, and a member of AWHONN, and sigma theta tau. I conducted a research study my senior year about the birth process. It's rough to wait for the right position, but I'm sure it will all work out how it's supposed to!!
- Dec 6, '12 by NurseMandoCommandoQuote from daisy36Good luck in your interview tomorrow!! Let us know how it goesI have an interview on Friday. Do you guys know how many they're hiring and how many they're interviewing?And thebushies, are the references like for places you've worked/volunteered references or like for people who will put in a good word for you references? Thanks!
- Dec 8, '12 by daisy36I was so nervous for my interview and it was my first interview ever so I don't really have anything to base it off of to know if I did well or not..but just hoping for the best and seeing it as a learning experience!Do you know if everyone who interviews receives a reference email? Or are those to who they are still qualifying. Also, if we provide emails for those who wrote our letter of recs, would it look bad if they just attached the same letter of rec that I provided the panel with..Thanks for all your help and I'm seriously hoping the best for everyone